Our students each take two classes, selecting from Irish literature, history, language, sociology, cultural studies and creative writing. Our professors are all Irish, and are experts in their respective fields. We also have a rich program of field trips,
- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- "If I can get to the heart of Dublin, I can get to the heart of all the cities of the world." - James Joyce
The NYU Summer in Dublin Program runs for six weeks (from late June until mid-August every summer) and is, in the words of our students: “the most unbelievable experience” … “incredible” … “so wonderful!” … “one of the best decisions I've ever made” ... "the highlight of my academic career".
We stay on the beautiful, ivy-covered campus of Trinity College (in individual rooms in shared 2-person apartments), which is located in the center of the vibrant, culturally rich city of Dublin. We also take weekend trips to some of the most beautiful and interesting parts of the country—see our website for more details.
Our students each take two classes, selecting from Irish literature, history, language, sociology, cultural studies and creative writing. Our professors are all Irish, and are experts in their respective fields. We also have a rich program of field trips, archeological tours, guest lectures, readings and excursions (but we make sure to give you enough time to explore the city for yourself too!).
We'll let our students speak for our program: "I felt extremely safe and completely at home in Trinity, a very welcoming atmosphere. Ireland is an amazing place and the country is beautiful, the people are friendly, the culture is rich. I love Dublin, it is so fun.' "I could not be happier with the classes and what I learned. The program was better than I could have imagined. Thank you. I don’t want to leave." "I've had an amazing time here. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly. I always felt comfortable talking to the director and teachers, and they were always very caring and understanding." "I have had the most unbelievable experience on this trip. I have wanted to come to Ireland since a very young age, and the past six weeks have been a dream come true. I have made friendships that I know will last for the rest of my life, and I have learned so much about this country and its culture. I honestly don't want to leave. I know I will be back here, hopefully sooner rather than later!" "It was incredible--a perfect balance of academic and cultural experiences. And fun!"
- Setting Description:
- Students live in the heart of Trinity’s picturesque campus, in the ivy-covered square known as “Botany Bay” (a former 19th-century garden). Every student has their own room, and shares a kitchen, living room and bathroom with one other person. Students have wireless Internet, 24-hour access to a designated computer lab, and access to the college library (the largest in the country). Also, the National Library of Ireland is adjacent to the college campus, and students receive a comprehensive introduction to the library and its research facilities. Bed linens and towels are provided, and laundry facilities and a gym are also available.
- See our website for up-to-date fee information.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Students can transfer their federal financial aid from their home institution to help pay for their tuition at NYU Shanghai. Visit the financial aid office at your home school to learn more about consortium agreements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program