Join students from other US institutions to earn academic credit while studying with prominent West African leaders, scholars, and artists. In addition to NYU courses, students also directly enroll in courses with partner institutions, which include Ashes
- Accra, Ghana
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Select from course offerings in Africana studies, anthropology, art history, comparative literature, creative writing, English, film, history, journalism, linguistics, metropolitan studies, psychology, public health, social and cultural analysis, sociology, studio art, and the Twi language. Through academic courses and extracurricular activities, students experience the artifacts of a history that has transformed both Africa and the New World.
Join students from other US institutions to earn academic credit while studying with prominent West African leaders, scholars, and artists. In addition to NYU courses, students also directly enroll in courses with partner institutions, which include Ashesi University and the University of Ghana-Legon.
Need- and merit-based scholarships are available.
- Setting Description:
- NYU Accra is located in Ghana’s dynamic capital, which is among the most intellectually and culturally vibrant cities on the continent. The academic center is located in suburban Labone, one of the most beautiful areas of the city, and is only a few minutes walking distance from the residence halls, Makola Market, and the Accra mall. The center comprises offices, classrooms, art studios, a reading room, a computer lab, and a nurse’s office staffed by a nurse practitioner.
- The most up-to-date tuition is available at our website
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Students can transfer their federal financial aid from their home institution to help pay for their tuition at NYU Shanghai. Visit the financial aid office at your home school to learn more about consortium agreements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program