Study at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid with 2, 3, 4-week programs to earn up to 8 or 9 semester credits in Spanish Language.
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Intensive language study at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Located on a sprawling urban campus in the Ciudad Universitaria district of Madrid, the Universidad Complutense has over 74,000 undergraduate students and over 11,000 graduate students. One of the oldest universities in Europe, for over seven centuries, the University Complutense has provided invaluable contributions to the sciences, fine arts, and political leadership, and it is ranked as the top university in all of Spain. Short-Term Summer Programs Program Lengths: 2 - 4 weeks Language Level: Beginning to Advanced, Undergraduate or Graduate What is included? * Tuition, 4-9 graduate or undergraduate credits Student grade and credit report Diploma Airport pick-up for students who arrive at the designated time on arrival date Housing: university residences (host families in Madrid on request and availability) Board: 3 meals a day Laundry in host families and in some residence halls on campus Cultural activities such as walking tours of Madrid, visits to museums, or historical sites, monuments (Note: Guides are provided, however, participants may have to pay entrance fees to museums.) Pre-departure orientation and services On-site orientation on campus of the university MLSA staff on campus and on-site in Spain, 24/7. Access to the libraries and other facilities of the UCM Internet connections in each room of the residences and the library Access to computers in the residences (Students are encouraged to take their own laptop computers to Spain. MLSA staff, pre-departure support and services. *Subject to change Students can participate in optional excursions which are available through the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. These may include: Toledo; Segovia; Asturias; Granada, and more. MLSA Sponsors the Excursion to the North of Spain, which includes the opportunity to see Running of the bulls in Pamplona; beach in Biarritz, France, with stops in Burgos and Medinaceli. What isn't included? Airfare (MLSA will make flight arrangements only for groups upon request) Books (if required) Return transportation to airport Transcripts Entrance to the museums (if needed) Laundry in some of the residences (specified on housing information sent upon acceptance into the program)
- $3,785 (undergraduate, 4 weeks) USD.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Scholarships up to $500 based on merit or financial need. Contact MLSA for more information.