- Chinchina, Colombia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Break, Summer
- Work Types:
- Hospitality, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
EMAS is a leading Colombian waste management organization that is heavily committed to helping develop a culture of environmental consciousness within the communities they service. They see themselves as a pivotal educational institution with the social responsibility to maintain their cities safe & clean from waste. They invest heavily in educational campaigns to affect long-term societal attitudes towards promoting sustainable management of natural resources by decreasing waste and increasing recycling habits by the community. As an intern, you will gain valuable experience on how a waste management company manages its public relations and communication services.
- Creating promotional material to engage with the community residents, partnering organizations, and community leaders.
- Strengthen public relations and communication skills by creating and divulging important information
- Learn to promote a company’s mission and vision through PR/communication work
- Learn to develop relationships with outside organizations
- Develop & plan community events
- Manage web content, design newsletters and create social media tactics
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Discount based financial circumstances and need & match within the community for volunteer's existing skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program