- Beijing, China; Kunming, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
- The Yunnan China Summer Study and Travel Programs are conducted during set times of the year and are meant for individual students, who are not part of a faculty-led university/school group program. We offer the program during three different time periods in summer in China for $2885. As a part of these programs; an additional optional Beijing trip is available for a cost of $985.
While on the program, students will spend many days exploring the cities and ancient towns in Yunnan province, while participating in many structured activities like morning Mandarin classes, afternoon interning, volunteering, language exchange activities or one-one tutorials .
The program price includes costs of activities that are listed as part of our programs. These activities include: - Morning class of normally three to four students (however with a maximum of seven students) - Afternoon volunteer service learning placement, internship placement or language exchange activities; while volunteering and language exchange activities are included at no extra cost, internship placement is possible for an extra $499 - Tickets to cultural sites and cultural performances listed in the programs - Shared bedroom in spacious shared modern apartments, in Kunming and shared bedrooms in modern guesthouses and hostels, while students are traveling - A private bedroom is possible for $50 per week - All meals during the days of the program - A cell phone, SIM card, and a small initial credit for in-country calling - Land transportation to sites listed in the programs - Detailed in-country orientation within the first few days of arrival
- Setting Description:
- Minds Abroad is a U.S.-based organization that conducts study abroad programs to bring Western students to Asia. Because of the way our programs engage students with local communities, Minds Abroad was recently among the “Top Ten Best Practices Program” list by the Center for Citizen Diplomacy in conjunction with the U.S. State Department. Our China programs are based in Kunming, the cosmopolitan capital of Yunnan, China’s most diverse province and Lonely Planet’s top choice in China. As Lonely Planet contends, “If you have time for but one province in China, Yunnan should be it.” Kunming is an ideal destination for cultural immersion because of its great diversity of land and people.
- The price of this program is $2885 with an optional Beijing trip for $985.
Based on 1 Reviews
- So Much Fun and Relatively Cheap08/04/16
When I first looked at this program, I was expecting a very nerdy group of people and I was anticipating an awkward experience. But to my surprise as well as to the rest of the participants', the entire group was very fun and chill. For such a low-priced
program, I thought that it could potentially be a scam or really badly organized. But again, we were all pleasantly surprised as the program did its best to accomodate us and guide us throughout the more "rural" city of Kunming, and I among others were all very happy at how the program turned out. There were only a few catches, such as the fact that some trips were quite a long drive away or that some of the smaller visits on the program were canceled and replaced with other activities. However, this was definitely a program that I would reccommend to a friend as it was cheap, did not just focus on classes like many other programs in China do, and had friendly and helpful staff. It was definitely a good balance between classes, volunteering, traveling, and free time, and I think that any student taking Chinese, no matter their level, should think about joining this program.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend