In Madrid, the Spanish capital, students enroll in classes at the Sede Prim, the headquarters of the School in Spain. All courses at the Sede Prim in Madrid are organized by Middlebury College for its School in Spain students. Courses are taught by a dist
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Education, Medical, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Designed for students with 5 semesters of college-level Spanish, the program structure of the School in Spain gives students the opportunity to perfect their Spanish competency through guided language immersion and facilitated social and cultural integration.
In Madrid, the Spanish capital, students enroll in classes at the Sede Prim, the headquarters of the School in Spain. All courses at the Sede Prim in Madrid are organized by Middlebury College for its School in Spain students. Courses are taught by a distinguished group of scholars, including professors from Spanish universities and other experts in the fields of anthropology, art history, language, literature and political science. The course offerings are organized with an emphasis on Spain in order to take full advantage of the students' presence there, and all courses are taught in Spanish. Madrid students can choose to take all of their clases at the Sede or enroll in up to two courses at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM), one of the premier research universities in Spain. The UAM Cantoblanco campus is located 15 kms north of Madrid and is less than a 30 minute train ride from the Sede Prim. The UAM offers courses that are open to our students in the fields of biochemistry, biology, environmental science, food studies, geography, history, linguistics, math, music, and psychology, among others.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Madrid is a vibrant city of more than 3.2 million residents. As the capital of Spain, it is an important political, economic, and cultural center, and is home to several museums, theatres, and an active nightlife. The student population in Madrid exceeds 200,000, which gives the city an exciting, boisterous, and friendly atmosphere. Even though Madrileños are accustomed to living a cosmopolitan and urban lifestyle, they maintain a strong Spanish identity that makes the city a fascinating location to learn and live the Spanish language and culture. The city of Madrid provides students a wealth of intellectual and cultural possibilities and enjoys a central location, making travel to various regions of the country convenient.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $13,800. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $27,600
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program