Your international internship is not just about the destination. It will be a journey of adventures, experiences, learning, successes, and challenges all serving to help you grow as a person and professional.
- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Hospitality, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Your international internship is not just about the destination. It will be a journey of adventures, experiences, learning, successes, and challenges all serving to help you grow as a person and professional. To help you through this remarkable career exploration and cultivation experience, we have developed our exclusive Career Navigation Briefcase. Your Career Navigation Briefcase will include the following resources to help you start developing your career both at home and abroad: LinkedIn 101 Guidebook Career Planning & Interning Abroad Assignments Soft Skills Training and Identification Digital copy of Getting from College to Career: Your Essential Guide to Succeeding in the Real World Career Assessment Resources We understand that going overseas for an international internship can be an exciting but overwhelming undertaking. To ensure that our interns are prepared for this intensive academic and career experience, we have developed a special internship orientation program to ease the transition into the host country. All of the interns participating in our 8-Week Fixed Date Internship Program will receive our unique 3-day Workplace and Culture Orientation. During this fun and educational orientation, interns will have the opportunity to build relationships with other participants, discover the local culture, learn about the host country work environment, attend career related workshops, and participate in fun excursions. Flex-date interns will receive a shortened version of the orientation. Problem solving, communication, taking initiative, self-confidence, and adaptability are just a few of the skills that students who study or intern abroad indicate they gained through participation. The good news is that these skills match the top skills that employers say graduates are lacking when entering their professional careers. Soft skills are sought after because they are harder to teach and are often best developed through experience. Through your international internship program you will experience distinctive learning opportunities and challenges that will give you concrete examples of ways you developed these skills during your program. API will assist you in being able to articulate these skills through our exclusive Career Navigation Briefcase . We will give you valuable resources, like our Culture and Workplace Integration orientation material, to help identify these learning opportunities and how to articulate them to potential employers.
- Setting Description:
- Interns in Barcelona will live in a city of contradictions: old and new intertwined, beautiful and industrial, traditional and avant-garde. Bordered by France to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east, Barcelona is one of the most ‘European’ of Spanish cities. Stroll Las Ramblas, one of the city’s most famous and busy boulevards and weave through the medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gòtic). Enjoy the unique and colorful architecture of Barcelona’s most famed architect, Antoni Gaudí. Barcelona is a very cosmopolitan city that combines the latest trends with the most typical Spanish traditions. Barcelona offers museums, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bars, the beach and the mountains, and people from all over the world.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, resident directors, housing, medical & life insurance, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.50 G.P.A. Open to students ages 18 years old and up by program start date. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$500 per student intern.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program