This program is designed for students who wish to study primarily in English, while still having the option of taking some courses in Spanish. Internships are also available.
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- This program is designed for students who wish to study primarily in English, while still having the option of taking some courses in Spanish. Students choose 3-5 courses per semester. Most classes are equivalent to four semester credits, unless otherwise noted. Business classes are equivalent to three semester credits each. Minimum enrollment is required for each course to be offered and no class is guaranteed. Students are encouraged to identify alternates and visit the API website for the most current course offerings. Additional fees are charged for field trips and lab fees are required for select classes. Credit-bearing internships are also available (for an additional fee). COURSES WITH SPANISH STUDENTS In addition to their classes at Suffolk University, students have the opportunity to enroll in classes with Spanish students at the neighboring Spanish University CEU San Pablo. While most classes at University CEU San Pablo are taught in Spanish and require at least one previous upper-division Spanish class (or equivalent proficiency) some classes may be available in English. Contact the API office for more information. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Spain’s capital since 1561, Madrid is the contemporary capital of Spanish culture, finance, and industry. A large, international and cosmopolitan city, Madrid is a city of possibilities. It boasts incredible monuments and museums, including the Museo del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando. Visitors cannot miss the Iglesia de San Isidro, once the cathedral of Madrid, or the Palacio Real. Madrid is also known for its fountains and elaborate parks, including the glorious Parque del Retiro. The energy of Madrid is in its street life and warm people. To study in Madrid is to experience more than a classroom – it is to experience the history of Spain and its people. API gives students the chance to live and learn in this fast-paced capital city.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program