This program provides advanced grammar and language instruction, while allowing students to choose from several cultural electives. Internship opportunities are available.
- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- This program provides advanced grammar and language instruction, while allowing students to choose from several cultural electives. Students must have taken four to five semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent for admission. Students take 4-5 courses per semester, and each course is equivalent to three semester credits. Students in this program are encouraged to study for the full academic year. Students who complete the Academic Year program receive the Diploma de Estudios Hispánicos. ADDITIONAL CREDIT OPTIONS Students who want to refresh their Spanish skills before starting their classes can participate in the Fall and Academic Year Early Start programs, which include an intensive 3 weeks of study in September for an additional 60 contact hours of Spanish language instruction. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca is considered one of the most spectacular Renaissance cities in Europe. It is located in central Spain, amidst a landscape strewn with battlefields and castles, in an area where the kingdoms of Castilla and Aragón first unified Spain. From these roots, “Castellano,” or “Spanish,” became dominant throughout Spain. Salamanca’s Plaza Mayor is said to be the most beautiful plaza in Spain. Throughout the centuries, the sandstone buildings have gained an exquisite golden glow that has given Salamanca the nickname “la Ciudad Dorada” – the Golden City. The breathtaking Catedral Vieja and Catedral Nueva rise above the city, overlooking the river Tormes and the Roman Bridge. The Casa de las Conchas is a stunning edifice of shells carved into golden sandstone. One experiences the history of this magical city when roaming the streets and walking through the archways of the old quarter.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to juniors and seniors *Open to advanced and superior level Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program