The Universidad Carlos III is housed on a small campus just a few minutes walk from the Getafe train station. Students enroll directly in classes with their Spanish peers in economics, film and media, history, philosophy, political science, and sociology.
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Journalism, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Designed for students at an advanced level of Spanish, the program structure of the School in Spain gives students the opportunity to perfect their Spanish competency through guided language immersion and facilitated social and cultural integration.
The Universidad Carlos III is housed on a small campus just a few minutes walk from the Getafe train station. Students enroll directly in classes with their Spanish peers in economics, film and media, history, philosophy, political science, and sociology. They also take a grammar course in Madrid at our program's center.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Getafe is a city of 100,000 located just 20 minutes south of Madrid by train. Its proximity allows students enrolled at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Middlebury's host institution, to experience Spanish university life while still benefiting from the cultural and social attractions of the capital. Students typically live in Madrid and commute to campus each day by train.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $13,800. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $27,600
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program