- Los Angeles, United States; Santa Monica, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- The Acting Studio at Edgemar, one of the best acting schools in Los Angeles, offers sponsorship to international students who aspire to begin, improve, or polish their acting skill set, and expand their acting resumes. Through the M1 Visa Program international actors are able to study & work in beautiful, world famous, Santa Monica CA! Our 6 to 12 month programs are an amazing opportunity to explore the acting scene in Hollywood, the entertainment capital of the world. Many current working actors attend classes which make for great networking. Our unique varied level classes, many taught by renowned acting coach and Co-Founder of the Center, Michelle Danner, can be customized to your specific needs and goals. Wherever you are in your acting journey, we provide the tools to move to the next level. Michelle’s experience in the industry as an actor and coach of Oscar winning actors, gives her a unique insight into the world of acting!
-work and study acting
-visa sponsorship for international actors
Our mission is to provide a creative home to a community of passionate actors in LA. This Los Angeles Acting School encompasses the following acting techniques: Meisner, Strasberg, Adler, Hagen, Chekhov, & the Stanislavsky Technique.
* Audition for Film & Television: On-Camera Cold Reading
* Scene Study, Beginning/Intermediate/ Advanced
* Improv Workout
* Casting Director Workshop
* Voice intensives level 1 & level 2
*Breaking into Hollywood
*3, 6 & 12 month WELL ROUNDED ACTOR INTENSIVES AVAILABLE
DON’T MISS THE FREE INFORMATIONAL SESSION TO LEARN ABOUT ALL THE CLASSES & MEET WITH MICHELLE DANNER. Please see website for more information.
Our faculty consists of acting teachers who are graduates of the most prestigious programs in the world, including Yale and Julliard. They are currently working as actors, writers and/or directors and have accomplished careers with many screen and stage credits. Michelle Danner is a very well respected and in demand acting coach in Hollywood. She has worked privately, and on set with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars.
The Michelle Danner Acting Studio not only provides outstanding acting training, but our actors also have the opportunity to build their resumes and gain IMDB credits. Edgemar Center for the Arts (where the school is housed) hosts and presents live performances and is also the home for Cinema at the Edge (a yearly independent film festival). In addition, Michelle Danner is a director, producer and writer who is in the process of developing and producing feature films, television series and documentaries. Our students have many opportunities to audition and participate in all of these activities and get practical training. Students who participate in certain improve classes also have the opportunity to be part of the latest Web Series “Uncensored Hollywood” & gain IMDB credit as well as add professional reel footage.
We also offer a Breaking into the Industry Seminar, which provides you with an understanding of the business side of acting. So that you can be ready when your program is complete and begin your work as an actor once approved for the OPT (Optional Practical Training). You will also be provided with a list of agents, and managers that represent international actors and how to best use them to your advantage.
- Setting Description:
- Michelle Danner, who is the lead acting coach and artistic director of the studio, is a renowned actress, director, and an acclaimed acting coach. She has worked with many A-List Actors privately as well as on set. These include James Franco, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Zooey Deschanel, Chris Rock, Gerard Butler, Seth MacFarlane, Kate Del Castillo, Michael Pena, Catherine Bell, Gabrielle Union, Michelle Rodriguez, and many others. Michelle trained with Stella Adler and Uta Hagen. She teaches internationally in Europe, Toronto, Vancouver, Dubai, Australia and New York. She was voted favorite acting coach by Backstage readers. In addition, Michelle has recently directed “The Bandit Hound,” a new family film starring Judd Nelson, Lou Ferrigno, Verne Troyer, Paul Sorvino, and Catherine Bell (in post-production). She also directed the feature film “Hello Herman,” starring Norman Reedus from the Walking Dead. The film opened nationwide in 2013 and was distributed through Warner Bros. with si
- Tuition is between $5,000-$15,500 depending on your needs. We offer amended, work/study and budget based programs.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Best drama school around03/10/16
If you are serious about obtaining a great well rounded acting education then this acting school is the best in Los Angeles! i started off taking the golden box with michelle danner which was amazing. Then I decided to jump in and sign up for the 6 month
well rounded acting intensive for beginners.-You literally train and learn every aspect of acting. Comedy, Film & Camera Audition technique, voice, movement, Drama, they even cover the business side of the industry. Michelle Danner is a film director so the added benefit is that casting opportunities. One of the best parts of this school is that the teachers come from professionals that work in the industry and have graduated from yale drama school and Juliard.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Michelle Danner Acting school.11/18/15
Best acting classes in Los Angeles s:What i appreciate most from attending this acting school for a year at this point is that as an actor you have the room to grow as an artist. its a place to connect with like minded artists to create and develop new
works and projects. i am currently involved in a web series that came out of the improvisation class that i have been attending twice a week. the classes are relatively inexpensive given that this is a top acting school they could make their tuition fees a lot more expensive. Michelle Danner encourages her students to audition for her films and shows, i just auditioned for her new musical she is directing and got one of the supporting roles showing off my comedic training. This center has a movie production company and an acting school all under one roof, its a great place for actors to train and perform. She is down to earth and really listens to her students needs. In her On camera auditioning class she pushes each actor past their comfort level in order to illicit the best performances out of them. this is a great place for Actors to study, because 90% of the actors in this class are working!!! Success breeds success, put yourself among successful people, you'll probably end up pretty successful yourself.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend