The World is our Classroom- Imagine hiking in the Himalayas, learning about Buddhism in the temples of Angkor Wat or business development on the streets of New York City and Mumbai. Picture yourself sailing down the Yangtze River and studying the Ming D
- Mumbai, India; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester
- Program Description:
- What is a Semester Abroad ?
This program is designed to provide you with a semester that balances academic structure and stimulation, with adventure and athletics. Each day will be a new odyssey that begins with physical activities and journal writing that will ignite your spirit for adventure, and then moves into lectures and on-site activities that will pull you into some of the most dynamic areas of the world. In the afternoons, you will have the opportunity to strike out with friends to explore cities, beaches, and museums, providing a kaleidoscope of experiences. In the evenings, you will delve into thoughtful conversations while savouring the best cuisine of your life. Our days will be spent discussing world issues, great works of literature, and the philosophical ideas that have shaped the world in which we live. MEI's semester abroad will provide students with the opportunity to earn four high school courses that will lay the foundation for university studies and a lifetime of living and learning.
The World is our Classroom- Imagine hiking in the Himalayas, learning about Buddhism in the temples of Angkor Wat or business development on the streets of New York City and Mumbai. Picture yourself sailing down the Yangtze River and studying the Ming Dynasty in the Forbidden City, or seeing the effects of the World Wars on the development of Communist China. We believe that the best learning lies in experiencing the world around us where there are no walls, there are no classrooms - just the WORLD.
- Setting Description:
- PREPARATION (Days 1-20) Students are asked to complete a number of exercises and activities to prepare for the academic demands of their upcoming journey. NEW YORK CITY (Days 21-28) Being one of the most vibrant cities on the planet, what better place to kick off our semester program with morning workouts in Central Park, English workshops at the MoMa, Business studies on 5th Avenue, and World Issues discussions at Ground Zero. BEIJING (Days 29-34) Students will delve into the fascinating history and modern contradictions and complications of the People's Republic as they make their way through the city's bustling markets and hutongs, and around the legendary Great Wall. YANGTZE RIVER EXPEDITION (Days 34-41) Leaving the density of urban China behind them, students will move into Hubei Province and cruise along the Yangtze River as they embark on the next phase of their eastern adventure. HONG KONG (Days 41-46) Amidst this architectural labyrinth, we will dive into a world of contr
- $18,495 CDN funds Tuition Includes: Transportation- Return airfare from Toronto's Pearson International Airport, Transportation between hotel locations via private coach, Transportation for all listed program excursions, Transfers to all accommodations, ... Trip Related- Hotels and accommodations, Breakfast and dinner daily, Entrance fees to all course-specific sites, ... Course Components- Ministry-approved credit(s)