- Bangkok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Social Services, Women's Rights
- 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
This amazing but challenging program, set in a Women’s Refuge Centre in Bangkok City, is aimed at helping young Thai’s who have been sexually or physically abused, and young pregnant women or new mothers who are in crisis and have taken shelter at the center. Some of these young women are Thai’s, who made mistakes and sadly have been shunned by their families and communities by becoming mothers out of marriage. Others are women of varying ethnic backgrounds who have suffered abuse.
In this program our volunteers assist with teaching English (in both a classroom setting, and in more informal ways), help teach arts and crafts, arrange activities that improve self-confidence and educational development, and just spend time with the girls letting them know that they are loved and have worth – especially as many of the girls have recently gone through, or are working through the emotional effects of a severely traumatic experience.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 4 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application (www.lovevolunteers.org/apply)
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates. (You choose your own start date!)
Language: All volunteers must have a good command of the English language. Some understanding of the local dialect would also be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Over the years, thousands of volunteers have trusted Love Volunteers for travel abroad that provides cultural immersion alongside the chance to help those in real need. Join us now for a safe, fun, and sustainable volunteer program in Thailand for a truly memorable experience abroad!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- Volunteers on this program are accommodated at the comfortable Bangkok volunteer house, where they are provided breakfast, and will have the opportunity to meet and socialize with like-minded people from all over the world. Lunch is also provided on week days whilst at the Refuge Center. Volunteers will also have evenings and weekends free to explore the wonders of this amazing city!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $820 for four weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, 1-2 Meals Per Day, Airport Pick-up, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program