- San Jose, Costa Rica; Jaco, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Construction, Health, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
The School Renovation program is specifically designed for those volunteers who do not have a lot of time but still want to help and leave a lasting impression. The week is planned out to include time building and renovating at any one of our partner schools, playing and interacting with the children and also joining in on some planned sight-seeing trips.
On this program, volunteers will be working in San Jose and will have the opportunity to leave behind a lasting and positive legacy, which will benefit the local communities long after they have returned home.
Volunteers will be involved in building maintenance, construction, painting, gardening and other projects as required, so they therefore need to be physically fit.
This week long program begins on a Monday, therefore volunteers need to arrive on the Sunday. An understanding of the Spanish language is not required for this project.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 1 Week
How to apply: Online Application
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates
Language: Knowledge of the Spanish language will be advantageous, but is not a prerequisite for this program.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- Volunteers on this program will stay with one of our friendly local host families, where they will be provided a simple room with all the basic utilities. There will be electricity, hot shower, and generally speaking everything else you would find in their own home. Volunteers will also be provided with three delicious home cooked meals each day. Saturdays and Sundays are free time for you to explore this beautiful country!
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $400 for 1 week! USD. Included: Accommodation, 3 Meals per day, Airport Pick-up, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Return Airport Transfer, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program