- Nablus, Palestine
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Work Types:
- Children, Economic Development, Education, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months
- Program Description:
So many of Palestine’s children have lost hope, happiness and peace and miss out on a childhood that many of us take for granted. These children grow up without the privileges of playgrounds, youth and community centers, libraries, gardens, sports areas, and the space to run around.
Volunteers and are desperately needed to bring joy, happiness, and life changing skills to those residing here. There are many ways that volunteers can help in this program: provide English lessons; arrange arts and crafts; share musical or artistic talents; teach computer skills, or create activities around themes like human rights that are important for the development of the children.
Age: 18 years +
Minimum stay: 2 Weeks
How to apply: Online Application (www.lovevolunteers.org/apply)
Start Dates: Flexible/Open Start Dates. (You choose your own start date!)
Language: All volunteers must have a good command of the English language. Some understanding of the local dialect would also be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
ABOUT LOVE VOLUNTEERS
Love Volunteers provides individuals with the chance to travel abroad and immerse in a new culture, while participating in projects that provide help where it is needed most. Join us for a truly memorable experience volunteering abroad. All volunteer projects are responsible, safe, and affordable!
Here's why more and more people are choosing to become a LOVE VOLUNTEER!
Need - We work directly with local charities on grass-roots community development projects. Our focus is on providing support where it is really needed - not holidays! We keep volunteer numbers at sustainable levels to meet the needs of each project - not to increase revenue!
Impact - By becoming a Love Volunteer you are saying to the world that you are a REAL volunteer and your focus is on supporting people and communities in need. You're not just a tourist and your goals include much more than selfies and hangovers. Your contribution with LV will be real and measurable. You will change lives, and one of them will be your own!
Safety - Your safety is our top priority. We have personally visited and regularly audit all of our projects and accommodations so you can rest assured that your needs will be met, whilst getting the most out of your experience.
Support - With dedicated in-country teams, you know you will have 24/7 support right there when you need it - guaranteed! From simply questions to hospital trips, we will ensure you are supported throughout your placement.
Communication - We pride ourselves in our reputation as always being available when you need us, dealing with your questions quickly, and being prompt with all communications. We are here to help you help the world!
Value - We strive to make volunteering abroad affordable and accessible to everyone. Our program fees are lower, our registration fees are lower - and we encourage you to compare!
Security - We have placed thousands of international volunteers in meaningful voluntary service projects around the world. We have the experience and the reputation, so you know you are in good hands!
Friendship - One of the benefits of volunteering is that you'll meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. This is one of the true benefits of volunteering and we encourage you to make the most of the unique opportunity to develop these cross-cultural friendships.
Free time - We realize that everyone needs a break and encourage our volunteers to have a look around where and when possible. All you need to do is let us know what you want to do and we will do our very best to make it happen for you!
For more information, or to join us on this exciting project, visit our website now!
- Setting Description:
- Volunteer accommodation is provided in a beautiful large historic Nablus home. The house includes kitchen facilities, a washing machine, wi-fi Internet, and a television/DVD player. Volunteers are also currently preparing a beautiful garden as a place to sit, relax and drink fresh lemonade on those hot summer afternoons in Palestine. Food is NOT included in this program, and volunteers will be responsible for buying/preparing their own meals, or can venture out to enjoy the local cuisine.
- LV Registration Fee + Programs Fees from just $200 for two weeks! USD. Included: Accommodation, Orientation on Arrival and 24/7 In-Country Support. Not Included: Flights, Insurance, VISA, Vaccinations, Meals, Airport Transfers, In-Country Transport, and Spending Money.
Additional Program Information
- Love Volunteers welcomes all who wish to volunteer and give their time and energy to help improve the lives of others in a developing country. Whilst some programs require specific education, qualifications and experience, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!