- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
This two-week program puts you alongside a veterinarian whose job is to teach you so you can learn and practice new skills while helping animals in need. Work in a dog shelter or a dog clinic and learn clinical skills including blood draws, suturing, skin scrapes, and assisting in spay and neuter surgeries. Spend one week living at an elephant sanctuary learning about and caring for rescued elephants. Evenings and weekends are filled with fun activities such as zip-lining and exploring street markets.
• Feed, study, and care for rescued elephants
• Assist in dog neuter surgeries
• Learn and practice small animal clinical skills
• Discover what it’s like to be a vet in the tropics
A transcript for 3 college credits is available for this program. We also provide 80 service hours, 60 veterinary hours, and 9 research hours.
- Tuition is all inclusive, less international airfare.
Additional Program Information
- College students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) and young adults 18-23 who are interested in becoming veterinarians or working professionally with animals. There are no pre-requisites for this program. You do not need to be in school currently to apply. Individuals of any nationality may apply. Students in high school may apply to our Thailand High School Veterinary Service program.
- Scholarships Description:
- We have need-based scholarships available to a select number of students. Information about applying for scholarships or aid can be found on our website or by contacting us via email.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program