This year, the SS’15 team has worked hard in preparing a condensed and specialized training in which you get to choose one 5 comprehensive programs in Kasr Al-Ainy hospitals: 1. Head & Neck Surgery and OtoRhinoLaryngology (ORL) 2. Emergency Medicine & Bas
- Alexandria, Egypt; Cairo, Egypt
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Medical, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Dear medical students around the world,
It gives us great pleasure to present to you the SSS Cairo
International Summer School 2015 package. In our Summer School, we offer you the opportunity to see a broader spectrum
into the field of medicine, gain understanding about a beautiful
culture, and visit a country renowned to have one of the longest histories of any modern country.
You’ll learn more about some of the common diseases and
disorders in medicine, with a touch of the major healthcare issues in Egypt. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings. You will also get to witness first-hand how the patients are managed with a fair share of hands-on experience.
Beside all this, our program is tailor-made to make sure you get to witness one of the most ancient civilizations that ever existed.
We look forward to hosting you and giving you some insight into Egyptian life and culture. We promise you a quality learning
opportunity and an unforgettable experience!
This year, the SS’15 team has worked hard in preparing a condensed and specialized training in which you get to choose one 5 comprehensive programs in Kasr Al-Ainy hospitals: 1. Head & Neck Surgery and OtoRhinoLaryngology (ORL) 2. Emergency Medicine & Basic Surgical Skills 3. Pediatrics 4. Tropical Medicine 5. Women’s Health You will get to choose a maximum of 2 desired preferences. You will be accepted in the program for which you match the required criteria. This will be evaluated in the application form.
Before arriving to Egypt, we’ll send you some academic booklets and study materials to help you have a better understanding about what to expect. Upon arrival you’ll receive a logbook to document the activities and skills you will learn in our Summer School. At the end of the program, you are required to prepare a brief presentation about what you’ve learned in order to receive your certificate. *During training days, students may need to miss one day of the social program to attend an overnight training in the Emergency Room of each department. The daily training schedule will be as following: 09:00 - 13:00 Theoretical lectures and skill labs 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch Break 14:00 - 17:00 Clinical rounds and case studies. Certificates will be handed out only to students who attend all 5 days of the program and prepare a brief presentation to be presented at the closing ceremony.
- Setting Description:
- Egypt’s health system lacks many factors, but it certainly compiles some of the best physicians, along with some of the best and oldest leading medical schools in the Middle East. Kasr Al-Ainy School of Medicine is one of the oldest medical schools in Africa and the Middle East. It is situated in Cairo; the city at the bifurcation of the Delta and in the center of Egypt making the Capital an excellent destination for your visit. With over 3,000 Staff members and over 6,000 beds for inpatient care, Kasr AlAiny Teaching Hospitals are without doubt one of the best hosts accepting medical students to observe and indulge in clinical courses and case studies.
- The 9 Day academic program: $ 295 (All prices are in US Dollars) * Special offer; from the accepted applicants, the first 3 received applications get a special price. The price includes: - Airport Pickup - The clinical clerkship. - Accommodation - 2 meals per day - Transportation costs There's optional 1 week social extensions (trips all over Egypt). The price of which are fully illustrated in the package
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program