Objective of the Programme: The program focuses on professional competence development in the optical design area. It builds on the scientific bases of applied and computer optics, photonic technologies, optoelectronics and CAD appliances.
The program is focused: for applicants with an applicable Bachelor's degree, fluent in English and planning a future career in high-tech international companies, both in Russia and abroad.
The double degree Master's program “Optical Design” aims to prepare world-class highly qualified experts in the growing field of optical engineering synthesizing scientific and professional expertise of ITMO University and Warsaw University of Technology (WUT) and providing students with an in-built mobility period at WUT.
WHY MASTER IN OPTICAL DESIGN AT ITMO UNIVERSITY?
· Master program “Optical design” is fully delivered in English.
· World-class professors and experts from ITMO University and WUT
· Diplomas from ITMO Universities (Russian Federation) and Warsaw University of Technology (Poland)
· Wide-range of elective courses for building individual track based on personal interests
· Broad internship possibilities in optical industrial companies and participation in real research projects performed in both Universities
· Modern lab equipment, special software appliances and innovative educational technologies
· “Optical Design” DDP represents principles of Optical engineering education with the content based on the current real-world experience
Teaching staff: ITMO professors and associate professors and professors of foreign partner universities (Warsaw University of Technology)
Length of program: 2 years (4 semesters), including 2 semesters at partner University.
Department of Applied and Computer Optics
Kronverksky av., 49, St. Petersburg,
197101, Russian Federation
Alexey V. Bakholdin, Head of ACO Dept.
E-mail: [email protected]
Anna O. Voznesenskaya, Associate Professor
E-mail: [email protected]
Partner Companies: There's a possibility of internship in partner companies in St. Petersburg
A completed academic Bachelor's / Engineer degree (or first cycle degree) in optical engineering, optoelectronics, photonics and related fields with good/excellent grades. English proficiency: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Application deadline is July 25th. Applicants may find additional information with the coordinator of the program.
Start of the program
Winter semester - September 1
Duration of the program
2 years (4 semesters), including 2 semesters at partner University.
· Master of Science (MSc) – ITMO University;
· Master of Science (MSc) – Warsaw University of Technology, the field of Optical Engineering
180 000 rubles a year