- Siena, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- This program’s core course, Presence of the Past, makes Siena and the Tuscan countryside your classroom through activities that explore important sites in and around the city, introducing you to the beauty of Siena’s cultural and artistic heritage.
We offer unique courses that explore Italian Language, History, and Culture, as well as other topics, through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and the opportunity to take courses at Università degli Studi di Siena enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. You take 15–19 credit hours per semester, and all courses are worth 3 credits unless otherwise specified. The course options that are available to you are determined by language proficiency, based on the results of your pre-departure and on-site language tests.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Nestled in the breathtaking Tuscan countryside, Siena is an amazingly well-preserved medieval city. As a quaint town of about 70,000 residents, Siena feels like a best-kept secret, giving you a great opportunity to create your own intimate Italian experience. In Siena, you will truly experience what life in Italy is really like.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers over $4 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 2 Reviews
- La Bella Italia04/22/14
Siena is a perfect Tuscan city to completely immerse yourself in Italian life, while having the opportunity to travel easily and meet lots of other students at the University of Siena. This is a small program, so you also get to know the other Americans
very well. Siena is the perfect place to go if you truly want to live as an Italian, but be completely supported by a really great program! It accommodates every level of Italian--I knew nothing when I arrived. The professors are really awesome, and you learn a lot through field studies and real-life. I lived in an apartment with 1 American and 2 Italians, which worked out extremely well. The program is flawlessly managed--you will love the program leaders and never have more than a moment's doubt about anything.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Siena in the Fall04/08/14
Going to Siena was the best decision I've made since I started college. The people and the program were amazing. When dealing with the professors and employees of the program I felt like I was talking to my friends not my superiors. Siena is small but
I felt like every day I stumbled on a new restaurant or statue that made my day. Of all the things I did in Europe, hanging out in the Piazza del Campo at night was the thing I'll remember most. People think Siena is a city you can see in a day. I don't even think a semester was enough time.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend