- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Quito is perfect for the adventurous soul. With its surrounding mountains, you’re always just a climb away from a breathtaking view of the valley and from a bird’s-eye view of the colonial Spanish architecture that makes the city famous. Plus, Quito is a great base for trips to the rainforests and marine habitats that make Ecuador famous around the world. We invite you to Ecuador to improve your Spanish while enjoying all that this amazing city has to offer.
Quito and the surrounding area will also be your classroom. Can you imagine practicing your Spanish skills at a traditional fiesta or observing local artisans creating homemade crafts? Welcome to study abroad!
A modern institution of higher learning, USFQ is one of Ecuador's most prestigious universities and offers a full range of programs and courses. Its faculty includes almost half of the Ph.D.’s in the country, and its library and information technology is the most up-to-date in Ecuador. USFQ's wide variety of disciplines allows students with almost any academic background to find exciting and challenging course options. Popular disciplines with past IES Abroad students include Cultural Anthropology, Development Studies, Environmental Studies, International Economics, Latin American History, and Photography. USFQ offers nearly 1,500 courses each semester in a variety of disciplines.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Sit back, relax, and dream about the adventures that await you in Ecuador. First, imagine exploring Quito’s vibrant neighborhoods and admiring the beautiful colonial Spanish architecture that makes the city a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next, picture yourself studying the ecological diversity of the Galápagos Islands, standing on the equator in Mitad del Mundo, and hiking the mountain rainforest in Loja Province. Pack your bags now—South America awaits you.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers over $4 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Full Emersion in Ecuador03/24/14
IES Quito Direct Enrollment is the ideal program for students with a fairly strong background in Spanish looking to vastly improve their language abilities. The level of immersion is ideal in that students take all of their courses at a local university
(arguably the best in Ecuador) and therefore can easily make Ecuadorian friends and become integrated into Quiteño life. Furthermore, the university has a huge international student population, making for an easier transition and a wide offering of courses (Spanish, cultural, etc.) geared toward exchange students.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend