We offer unique courses that explore economics, South American history, and culture, as well as other topics, through an in-depth and hands-on approach.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina; Santiago, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- We offer unique courses that explore economics, South American history, and culture, as well as other topics, through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. You take 16-18 credits per semester. All IES Abroad courses are taught in English, except for language courses, and are offered both fall and spring semesters (unless otherwise noted). Both Santiago and Rio will offer three different courses—you will choose two of them. In addition to the four 3-credit courses that you will be required to take, you will also enroll in a 4-credit course entitled Emerging Economies: A Global Perspective of the Causes, Consequences, and Challenges in Chile & Brazil that will allow you to compare and contrast your experiences in Santiago and Rio de Janeiro. An optional language course for true beginners is available at each location. Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- If you’re intrigued by the intricacies of South America’s societies and economies, the Multi-Location – Emerging Economies: Buenos Aires & Santiago Program is for you. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime as you gain a unique comparative perspective of two of the strongest emerging economies in South America: Santiago, Chile, and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program