- Buenos Aires, Argentina; Santiago, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Designed for students interested in economics, sociology, political science, and business, this multi-location interdisciplinary program offers a unique comparative perspective of two of the strongest emerging economies in South America: Santiago, Chile and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
We offer unique courses that explore economics, South American history, and culture, as well as other topics, through an in-depth and hands-on approach. Our world-class professors and course options enhance your academic experience and provide you with new perspectives each day in class. You take 16-18 credits per semester. All IES Abroad courses are taught in English, except for language courses, and are offered both fall and spring semesters unless otherwise noted.
The fall program begins with orientation in Santiago, where the first half of the program is held, followed by a week-long, course-related trip to Peru, and the second half of the program in Buenos Aires. In the spring, the order of this program is reversed to begin in Buenos Aires and end in Santiago.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- If you’re intrigued by the intricacies of South America’s societies and economies, the Multi-Location – Emerging Economies: Buenos Aires & Santiago Program is for you. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime as you gain a unique comparative perspective of two of the strongest emerging economies in South America: Santiago, Chile, and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Unique opportunity to experience 2 countries in 1 semester08/15/19
I loved my multi-location program! It gave me the opportunity to experience two cultures in the span of one semester, with a trip to Peru included. With its focus being on emerging economies, I really could apply my experience to my studies back in the
US. It was fascinating to be able to compare the economies of Chile and Argentina with each other and the rest of South America. Class field studies tied all my knowledge together and gave me a better understanding of what I was learning about. With housing assignments being home stays in both cities (Santiago and Buenos Aires) I felt like I was better able to experience the culture since I was in each place for a shorter period of time. The staff were so accommodating and had the students' best interest in mind. Feel free to check out my IES Correspondent blog to learn more on what the program has to offer! Link: https://www.iesabroad.org/blogs/author/765861read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend