- Milan, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Known as the business capital of Italy, Milan is the place to study abroad for Business majors. This great city is home to Italy’s main stock exchange, the Borsa Italiana, and famous international businesses like Giorgio Armani, Bugatti, and Pirelli. Our Business Studies Program allows you to take courses in Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics, and Banking at the top Italian universities.
We provide one-of-a-kind courses that explore the world of business, as well as a wide variety of courses focusing on contemporary issues in Italy. Take an elective in Art History, Political Science, or Photography to create a diverse course load, or combine your coursework with a hands-on internship. Take a course in Italian economics at one of the top business schools in the world. All IES Abroad courses are taught by well-known experts in their fields, and are conducted in English. We also offer a guest lecture series and an extensive list of field study opportunities that help you learn more about the Italian business culture. Round out your study abroad education with the required Italian language classes that are tailored to your skill level. You can also enroll in a local university course to learn about international business alongside Italian and international students.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Think of your study abroad experience as a song—what will be the inspiration? See “The Last Supper,” one of the most influential works of the Renaissance. Witness some of the world’s finest performers at Teatro alla Scala, the world-renowned opera house. Observe fashion executives to see how successful businesses are run. No matter what you choose, your Milanese experience with IES Abroad will come together to make the perfect symphony.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- IES Abroad Milan03/25/14
I absolutely loved my experience in Milan! I improved my Italian to where I was almost fluent (from a beginner) and learned so much about the culture and the Italian people. I took really interesting courses- my favorites were "Managing Fashion and Luxury
Companies" and my cooking/speaking class! My host family was amazing, and I still keep in touch with them as much as possible. I have very few negative things to say, as it was such a good experience. The biggest issue I had was that it was advertised as a business studies program, but they only had 1 class through the program that was a business class.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend