- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The IES Abroad UK Today Program provides you with the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture and rich heritage of contemporary London. We offer a unique academic experience, integrating field study into virtually all courses to maximize the many opportunities for learning that London presents.
All IES Abroad courses are taught by distinguished British and international faculty, who follow the British approach to instruction, whereby students are expected to supplement lectures with reading. You also benefit from free access to the University of London’s Senate House Library. Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences. You take two courses for a total of 6 semester credits.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- The Beatles said it best in their hit song “Blackbird”: “All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise.” Now’s your time—study abroad in the land of William Shakespeare, the Royal family, Sir Isaac Newton, and Harry Potter. Be inspired by everything around you, from the museums and art galleries to Buckingham Palace and Parliament. Even a simple walk around this culturally rich city or a ride on the Tube can inspire you in ways you’d never imagine. Check out this Center for yourself through our virtual tours.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Small Town Gal in the Big City04/26/14
I'm from a small town in Indiana so traveling to London for a whole summer was a little scary at first but as soon as I navigated my way through the Tube for the first time I was hooked. It's easy to love a city when you've been dreaming about it forever
but its another to get to experience it at its best and that is what IES does. The staff is fantastic and the courses were the best I've ever had in my college career. There is always something for you to do either with the program or on your own.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- No Complaints - the Best Summmer Ever!03/24/14
I loved studying with IES. They made our summer incredibly fun and memorable. Since studying with IES, I have studied with another program in a different location, and I have truly come to appreciate how special of a program it was. The staff truly felt
like my own friends by the end of the summer, and they would go above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed and answered all of our questions. The classes always held my interest and made me truly appreciate British and London culture. The living situation wasn't perfect, but it was nice for the amount of time we lived there. The trips IES had organized for us to take were absolutely wonderful. They hire the best, funniest, and most interesting tour guides and really aim to make each trip memorable, while still allowing for free time to do some exploring on your own. I never felt unsafe in the city, no matter what time of night, and I felt prepared to handle it if any problems did arise based on our safety orientation at the beginning of the trip. I could not recommend any other program more than I do IES. They are a fantastic program and made preparation and transitions painless. I would absolutely study with them again if I was given the opportunity.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend