- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Dublin City University (DCU) offers a wide variety of challenging courses. This program appeals primarily to those students who are ready for the challenge of adapting to an entirely new academic culture that requires significant independent work.
Founded in 1980, Dublin City University (DCU) has made its mark as a leader in Ireland’s educational system. DCU’s main objective is to provide a lively educational and social environment, while encouraging a holistic approach to student development. DCU courses are generally worth 5 ECTS credits each (2.5 IES Abroad credits); the conversion is 1 IES Abroad credit for every 2 ECTS credits. You register for 15-19 IES Abroad credits.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Your journey begins in the cultural center (and the heart) of Ireland: Dublin. Just think, you’ll be studying in the City of Literature that’s home to such literary greats as George Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde, William Butler Yeats, and Samuel Beckett! Stroll around Dublin to see how the historic architecture blends with modern design. Enjoy the energetic music scene and lively theatre. And when you need to get away, you’ll discover outdoor adventures just a short train or bus ride away.
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Make sure it's what you want!08/28/13
The city of Dublin was fantastic, I loved the people, the sights, and the culture. I got to travel around Europe and learned so much! Courses wer enot too hard and teachers and students were always friendly. However, there were times when I felt bored
or lonely, I wish there were more students on my program! I also wish the school was located nearer to the city. Overall I'm so glad I went, but I also think there may have been some programs that I would have enjoyed even more.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend