Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences. While in Amsterdam, you take 15-19 credits per semester at VU UniversityAmsterdam (VU),
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
With its strong course offerings in psychology and the sciences, you’re bound to find a variety of English-taught courses at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) to apply to your major. From Experimental Cell Biology to The History and Philosophy of Psychology, you can dive further into your major, but you also have the opportunity to expand your studies beyond psychology and the sciences with IES Abroad course options, such as Dutch language and culture, sexuality and gender, studio art, art history, and research.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the best study abroad program possible—which includes the highest quality academic and cultural experiences. While in Amsterdam, you take 15-19 credits per semester at VU UniversityAmsterdam (VU), known for its strong offerings in psychology and the sciences.
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a global, not-for-profit study abroad organization with 115+ academic programs in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. To learn more about what we offer visit our website.
- Setting Description:
- Known for its liberal views and open-minded attitude, the residents of Amsterdam welcome you to this cozy city. You’ll adore the lovely canals and old European charm that make up the enchanting city of Amsterdam. Because the city planning hasn’t changed much since the 19th century, you’ll appreciate the architecture and historic homes that color the city. And you can’t leave without seeing the windmills!
- We offer more than $2.2 million in scholarships & financial aid. Contact IES Abroad or see our website for cost, scholarships, and financial aid.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- IES Abroad offers $5 million dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships and grants that can be used toward an IES Abroad study abroad program. Apply online using our universal Aid Application, and we’ll pair you with the scholarships and grants.
Based on 1 Reviews
- An Unforgettable Semester!02/11/20
First of all, Amsterdam is an incredible city to live in! I lived right outside the city center near Vondelpark, and I felt at home very quickly. Naturally, it took me a little while to adjust, but before I knew it I felt very comfortable going about
life in Amsterdam. Dutch culture and life in Amsterdam is very unique and something that is easy to appreciate. Even though I have only been back in the United States for 1.5 months, I am already looking forward to my next visit! I loved living in Amsterdam and the IES Abroad staff really added to my experience. During our orientation they educated us on Dutch culture and customs, and took us on various field trips around the Netherlands. Even after orientation, the staff were extremely accessible and made sure to check in with us periodically. I had a great experience with IES Abroad and I would highly recommend spending your time abroad with them!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend