- Brasilia, Brazil
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
As a high school student in Brazil, you will attend a local Brazilian high school while living with a host family for a semester or academic year abroad.
Greenheart Travel's High School Abroad Program provides outgoing students (age 15 - 18) with an opportunity for a unique, rewarding experience that they will remember for a lifetime! Learn Portuguese and stand out on college applications as an exchange student in Brazil.
Program Fee Includes:
- Roundtrip international airfare from designated gateway airport to destination
- Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
- 20 hours of Portuguese language classes
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure cultural orientation (via Skype)
- Arrival Orientation with Brazilian Local Coordinator
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program
- Setting Description:
- Students will live with a local host family during their program in Brazil. Placements will be in either Sorocaba City or Bauru City in the Sao Paulo state. Both locations are towns with a population under 650,000 people, with lively city centers and opportunities to get involved in activities outside of school. You will have a chance to get your know community and experience authentic Brazilian culture while being fully immersed in the language.
- Academic Semester: $9,720 Academic Year: $12,750 Check out our website for our early bird application discounts!
Additional Program Information
- Students must: -- Be between 15 and 18 years of age -- Be from the United States or Canada -- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.75/4.0 -- Be in great mental* and physical health -- Have a genuine interest in becoming a part of your host family and community
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program