- Pokhara, Nepal
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Environment, Women's Rights
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Help us contribute to invaluable women’s empowerment initiatives in Nepal and help give women and young girls the tools necessary to fight poverty, stay in school and close the unemployment gap between girls and boys in developing countries. Supporting women in Nepal is vital in helping the communities overcome critical global social issues, such as countless young girls still not receiving an education. Volunteering with GVI not only allows you to participate and make a meaningful impact while assisting disadvantaged communities or endangered ecosystems, but it also offers fantastic opportunities to travel and explore the local area.
- Setting Description:
- Our base in Nepal will bring you to a beautiful, culturally diverse region that is one of the poorest in the world. We are located in the ancient city of Pokhara and your time with us will make a crucial difference to Nepal’s development. With the densest concentration of world heritage sites, your time here will be met with equal parts cultural exploration and personal development as you make a difference in the lives and futures of disadvantaged communities.
- 1700 - 3700 USD.
Additional Program Information
- Most people are eligible to join this program, they just need to be able to speak English and be physically and mentally fit. A passion for women's empowerment is recommended.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program