Nothing beats a conservation internship in South Africa’s iconic bushveld to kick-start your conservation career in the right direction. Are you ready to gain invaluable conservation experience while helping to protect the envirnoment?
- Polokwane, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
The wildife conservation internship in South Africa is the ideal opportunity to boost your conservation career while contributing to important conservation efforts. Interns can look forward to learning conservation techniques, tracking animal, and learning how to use telemetry equipment. You might even be able to get involved with predator monitoring, habitat restoration or community outreach efforts. Getting up close and personal with the famous Big Five (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino) is a sure highlight of this internship. Interns can rest assured that they will learn a variety of new skills and their efforts will make a valuable contribution. The internship is geared at developing your leadership and role model skills, allowing you to develop a variety of key soft and hard skills that will put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack. After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may be given the opportunity to work for GVI or selected partner organizations.
- Setting Description:
- The Limpopo province of South Africa is host to some of the most remarkable wildlife, landscapes and conservation opportunities South Africa has to offer. The area is close to the the famous Kruger National Park in the lowveld and has a special kind of African magic to it. Participants can look forward to the possibility of spotting the Big 5 (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino) while on project. Joining a project here is a truly unforgettable experience.
- 9495 USD.
Additional Program Information
- There are no pre-requisits for this internship, however a background and passion for conservation and environmental awareness is beneficial. Students must also speak English and be physically and mentally fit to live in this remote location.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program