A teaching internship in India’s tropical state of Kerala is the perfect chance to gain that much-needed practical experience for a career in teaching. Provide long term assistance while furthering your own skills and experience.
- Thiruvananthapuram, India
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Work Types:
- Education, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
When you join a teaching internship in India’s tropical state of Kerala you get a chance to receive training and dedicated mentorship to improve the lives of impoverished children by providing them with a better education and improving the quality of English lessons. Interns will work in local slum schools, care centers, and assist children with extra lessons. You will gain much-need practical experience for a career in teaching while improving the lives and future opportunities of these individuals. Interns can rest assured that they will learn a variety of new skills and their efforts will make a valuable contribution. The internship is geared at developing your leadership and role model skills, allowing you to develop a variety of key soft and hard skills that will put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack. After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may be given the opportunity to work for GVI or selected partner organizations.
- Setting Description:
- Our projects in India are located in the area of Kerala, a must-see destination. Our projects take place around a port town, Kochi, that offers a fascinating historical and cultural background that include the oldest European Church in India, famous Chinese fishing nets and enchanting spice markets. Kerala, with its multitude of sights, sounds and tastes is a truly stunning location.
Additional Program Information
- There are no pre-requisits for this internship, however a background and passion for community development and education are beneficial. Students must also speak English and be physically and mentally fit to live in this remote location.
- Scholarships Description:
- Only National Scholarship Programs. Scholarships offered to the native people of the country where the program takes place.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program