Master's program providing certified athletic trainers with advanced knowledge in clinical practice, instruction, and research.
- Statesboro, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Athletic Training
- Program Description:
This two year post-certification graduate athletic training program is designed to provide NATA-BOC Certified Athletic Trainers with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the areas of clinical practice, instruction, and research. All matriculated students complete a core curriculum supplemented by one of two self-selected emphasis areas (Clinical Instruction or Clinical Foundations) providing enhancement of the student’s personal and professional goals.
Students who choose the Clinical Instruction emphasis area will be provided teaching opportunities in our CAATE accredited undergraduate program, while those choosing the Clinical Foundations emphasis area will choose courses in areas that will expand the breadth of their foundational knowledge. Completion of a committee approved thesis is required of all students for graduation.
Areas of intensive academic study include;
1. Concussion Pathophysiology and Management
2. Assessment and Rehabilitation of the Lumbar Spine
3. Gait Analysis
4. Clinical Education in Athletic Training
5. Opportunities in Gross Anatomy
Our students come to Georgia Southern University to study in the Graduate Athletic Training program from all over the country; from as far west as Idaho, as far north as upstate New York, and far east as the coast of Massachusetts. Additionally, our students come from large public universities to small private colleges and everything in between. Our students, all graduates of accredited undergraduate athletic training programs, come from athletic training programs both large and small.s. Consistently ranked among the top nursing colleges in the nation, Georgia Southern University’s School of Nursing provides one of the few D.N.P. programs in Georgia.
To address the critical shortage of doctorate-level nurses and university nursing faculty members, Georgia Southern University is moving graduate nursing education to a new standard. The D.N.P. is the practice-focused alternative to the research-based Ph.D. in Nursing, and it allows students to pursue teaching opportunities. With additional coursework in education and pedagogy, the D.N.P. cognate can prepare graduates to teach in schools of nursing, preparing other students to provide high-quality care.
To pursue teaching, in addition to learning the highest level of nursing care and science, students can do the following:
1. Complete additional coursework in four education cognates to complete a certificate in education prior to graduation
2. Become eligible to sit for the National League of Nursing (NLN) Nursing Education certificate by completing three cognate courses and the NLN-required teaching hours
The DNP program builds on Georgia Southern’s outstanding record in graduate nursing education. The University’s graduate nursing programs have been ranked 11th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report for the past three years.
Our Family Nurse Practitioner program, which provides the foundation for the D.N.P., is recognized as a model graduate program by the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculties. Today, graduate programs in the School of Nursing boast a sustained 99 percent pass rate on certification exams.
Additional Program Information
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Financial Aid:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Must be a graduate of a CAATE accredited Athletic Training program or already certified as an Athletic Trainer. Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale). Submission of current GRE scores or scheduled exam date. A full vitae or resume that includes the following: a) Work history, b) Professional experiences, c) Membership and participation in professional organizations, d) Other experiences related to the academic program, and e) Contact information for a minimum of three references. Complete an Online Application – College of Graduate Studies
- International Requirements:
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program