- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Study abroad and learn Spanish in one of the most ancient and diverse cities in Spain! Discover Granada, overflowing with historical and architectural remnants of an illustrious past, a small city that provides an ideal setting for studying Spanish language and culture. Stroll the winding, cobble-stoned streets of the Albayzín; peek into Gypsy caves; wander the passageways of the Alhambra; or experience the flair of flamenco. Granada's tremendous history and culture transform the city into a veritable extension of the classroom. Its strategic location in Andalusia at the foot of the Sierra Nevada makes it an excellent hub for exploring Southern Spain. Don't miss this great opportunity to discover Granada, a city whose vibrant nightlife ranks it among the 3 most popular cities in all of Spain for college students studying abroad! Students will take Spanish classes at the Universidad de Granada. Field trips are planned to Alhambra and Generalife, Medina Azahara and Córdoba, Royal Chapel and Cathedral, Seville, Sacromonte, and walking tours around Granada.
Seeking Credits for the Following:
- Spanish (SPAN) 210: Intermediate Spanish
- Spanish (SPAN) 250: Gateway to Advanced Spanish
- Spanish (SPAN) 305: Spanish in Context I
- Spanish (SPAN) 306: Spanish in Context II
- Spanish (SPAN) 315: Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Spanish (SPAN) 324: Study Abroad in Spanish
- Spanish (SPAN) 335: Latin American Culture and Literature
- Spanish (SPAN) 336-1: Culture and Art of Spain
- Spanish (SPAN) 336-2: History and Geography of Spain
- Spanish (SPAN) 336-3: Business Spanish
- Spanish (SPAN) 461: Spanish Civilization and Culture
Placements and credits earned are based on your proficiency and previous language study. A placement exam will be taken after arrival in Granada.
Eligibility & Prerequisites
This program is open to all undergraduate students including students who do not attend George Mason University. Prerequisite: completion of SPAN 110, or equivalent, prior to departure is required.
Homestay with local family. Families often host multiple students who may be from the same or different programs.
- Program Cost (Summer 2017): $5175 Included: Tuition (6 credits) Homestay 3 meals per day Laundry one time per week Guided tours Cultural excursions Pre-Departure Orientation International Emergency Insurance Not Included: Round-trip airfare Other transportation Personal spending
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program