- Pula, Croatia; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Phitsanulok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Been dreaming of becoming a midwife since you were a baby? We’re here to deliver you into the arms of your future profession! We offer structured pre-midwifery programs to give you the opportunity to shadow midwives throughout their daily routines and deliveries. Along with global health tutorials, our comprehensive internships will also give you a competitive edge when applying for future studies in the field. Carefully selected and trained, our skilled midwifery mentors provide you with an unforgettable time. While on placement, you'll also experience a number of different hospital departments, giving you a well-rounded perspective on how diverse a career in midwifery can be. Your personal mentor is there to inspire you (and sometimes quiz you!) during your time at the hospital. Supportive, attentive, and enthusiastic, they will take you behind the scenes and teach you about clinical procedures, cases, and patient care. They will also answer all your questions!
We combine beneficial and unrivalled experience in an international healthcare setting with the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture, where you can meet friends from around the world. Broaden your nursing and midwifery experience and take the first steps towards your future career. Our placements are available every week of the year, perfect if you are thinking of travelling for longer or need to fit around work commitments. What are you waiting for? Get out of your comfort zone and have the adventure of a lifetime with Gap Medics.
- Setting Description:
- Ensuring that you have a worthwhile and enjoyable experience is our top priority. That's why we have our own exclusive houses complete with in-house catering, tropical gardens, large social areas and supportive staff. Our destinations abroad are more than simply a backdrop. From Africa to Asia, Europe and the Caribbean, our program locations are carefully selected and will offer you a truly enjoyable and unique medical work experience placement. So if chilling with elephants, taking selfies with lions or relaxing on sublime beaches sounds inviting; we have a destination perfect for you. Safety and security are of paramount importance to us. We select the town where we run our programs due to their friendly, welcoming feel and the area where are houses are located are known for their safety.
- Costs start from $995 per week - including a $450 registration fee.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program