- Pula, Croatia; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Phitsanulok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
There’s no doubt about it: becoming a doctor is hard work. But if you’re ready for it, so are we! Our internships abroad let you shadow real-life doctors and gain clinical work experience. Along with global health tutorials, you’ll gain insight that will set you apart from the crowd when the time comes to apply to and interview for medical school.
A Gap Medics program is all about shadowing – being alongside carefully selected physicians and other health professionals as they go about their day-to-day work in hospitals. It’s the ultimate way to discover what being a doctor is really like. Your program is likely to include a variety of different shadowing settings, from watching surgical operations in theatre to ward rounds and outpatient clinics.
The time you spend observing procedures under the guidance of your personal mentor will really help you to decide whether a career in healthcare is right for you, before embarking on years of study. If you’re looking for a general overview of life as a hospital doctor, we’ll place you in the departments we know will give you the best and most varied experience. We are also happy to take into consideration your specific interests, and we have opportunities in a huge range of departments including pediatrics, surgery, orthopedics, internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology, urology, oncology, neurology, physiotherapy and radiography.
- Setting Description:
- Ensuring that you have a worthwhile and enjoyable experience is our top priority. That's why we have our own exclusive houses complete with in-house catering, tropical gardens, large social areas and supportive staff. Our destinations abroad are more than simply a backdrop. From Africa to Asia, Europe and the Caribbean, our program locations are carefully selected and will offer you a truly enjoyable and unique medical work experience placement. So if chilling with elephants, taking selfies with lions or relaxing on sublime beaches sounds inviting; we have a destination perfect for you. Safety and security are of paramount importance to us. We select the town where we run our programs due to their friendly, welcoming feel and the area where are houses are located are known for their safety.
- Costs start from $995 per week - including a $450 registration fee.