- Pula, Croatia; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Warsaw, Poland; Phitsanulok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
If you’re looking for quality dentistry experience, then we have something to put a smile on your face. Our pre-dentistry shadowing programs give you the opportunity to observe dentists throughout their day-to-day clinical duties and procedures. Along with global health tutorials, our internships look pretty fantastic when applying for future studies or opportunities in the field.
Here's how it works: You'll be assigned a dentist as your personal medical mentor. Handpicked and trained by us, they are dedicated to providing you with an invaluable shadowing experience. Your placement will be tailored to suit your interests and give you maximum exposure to general and specialized dentistry procedures and treatments. Your personal dentistry mentor Your personal mentor is there to encourage your professional growth and provide expert assistance throughout your time at the hospital. You will be inspired as you observe how they skillfully liaise with patients, answer all your questions, and undertake various clinical procedures.
• Hospital work experience • Shadowing dentists • Personal mentors • Small student groups • Global health tutorials • Exclusive housing • In-house catering • 24/7 In-Country support • and more!
Competition to get into dental school is fierce. A Gap Medics internship will help your application to stand out from the crowd and is sure to impress admissions officers at interview. You will shadow experienced doctors in surgery and on the wards, giving you a deeper understanding of international healthcare. The time you spend observing procedures under the guidance of your personal mentor will really help you to decide whether a career in dentistry is right for you, before embarking on years of study. You will have the opportunity to work in several different departments, depending on your interests.
- Setting Description:
- Ensuring that you have a worthwhile and enjoyable experience is our top priority. That's why we have our own exclusive houses complete with in-house catering, tropical gardens, large social areas and supportive staff. Our destinations abroad are more than simply a backdrop. From Africa to Asia, Europe and the Caribbean, our program locations are carefully selected and will offer you a truly enjoyable and unique medical work experience placement. So if chilling with elephants, taking selfies with lions or relaxing on sublime beaches sounds inviting; we have a destination perfect for you. Safety and security are of paramount importance to us. We select the town where we run our programs due to their friendly, welcoming feel and the area where are houses are located are known for their safety.
- Costs start from $995 - including a $450 registration fee.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program