We have more than 10 years of experience in the world of student and researcher services, exchange programs of all kinds. Our programs include, but are not limited to student exchange programs, Spanish programs, sports programs, historical-cultural-ecolog
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Center Cultural Guanin, Inc. was created in order to help young people to discover, develop, and achieve their full potential as adults, citizens, and leaders. We do the by engaging them in activities that challenge and enrich their minds, bodies, spirits, and nurture their self-esteem. Our safe and caring club environments as well as our enriching programs haveenabled many young Dominicans to play, learn, and develop valuable skills for life.
We have more than 10 years of experience in the world of student and researcher services, exchange programs of all kinds. Our programs include, but are not limited to student exchange programs, Spanish programs, sports programs, historical-cultural-ecological tours, adventure tours, summer and spring break programs, volunteer programs, community rural health of all kinds, Latin American and Afro-Caribbean Studies classes/presentations in English and/or Spanish, internships and other special opportunities for students and/or other interested persons in a wide variety of fields.
We assist our Dominican/haitian communities through programs such as Education, Sports program, Cultural program, Health medical assistan program, Medical Clinic, Women Club, Community Development, Literacy programs for youths and adults, After School program, Food program, Medicin Donation and more.
- Setting Description:
- Where will voluteers stay? We have free room for the volunteer in our Guanin Community Center building. 45 minutes from our project field in Santo Dominigo, we have guest family, small hotel and studio appartment. At the center meals will be cooked for volunteers at the building. Volunteers should be prepared to stay in bunks with a shared bathroom that does not have hot water. Volunteers should also be prepared to live fairly conservatively with both water and electricity
- Air fare not included Guanin accomodation, Air fare not included Accomodation, pick up at the airport, orientation, tour at the Colonial Zone and 3 meals at the Center 1 week - $300 2 weeks - $550 3 weeks - $8500 4 weeks - $1050 Guest family accomodation, 3 meals, pick up at the airport, orientation, tour at the Colonial Zone. 1 week - $ 750, 2 weeks - $ 1300, 3 weeks - $ 1950
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program