Unique to this program are three amazing opportunities: 1. Two week pre-semester field practicum in Environmental Economics and Sustainable Business - Before beginning semester coursework, research and internships, students will spend two weeks traveling
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- The Environmental Economics, Sustainable Business and Entrepreneurship Abroad Programme is a unique study abroad program designed specifically for economics, finance and business undergraduates. The programme begins with an intensive two-week pre-semester field practicum throughout the North and South Island of New Zealand. Central to the learning experience is a Frontiers Abroad only seminar course on environmental economics and sustainable business coupled with an option Internship Course. Both the seminar course and the internship course build upon the two week field practicum and focus on: renewable energy economics, the Christchurch Rebuild, Maori business ventures and Adventure tourism. Students enroll at the University of Canterbury. This specialized program is offered in partnership with School of Business and Economics and Law at the University of Canterbury.
Unique to this program are three amazing opportunities: 1. Two week pre-semester field practicum in Environmental Economics and Sustainable Business - Before beginning semester coursework, research and internships, students will spend two weeks traveling throughout New Zealand to see sustainable economic models and businesses in action with a focus on renewable energy, the economics of geothermal energy, the Christchurch Rebuild, Maori business ventures and adventure tourism. 2. Required Seminar Course (FA only). In this course, students will engage in a semester long seminar style course presented by UC faculty and local business and economic leaders. A focus of the seminar course will be places in four areas: (1)Post-disaster economics, entrepreneurship, green business initiatives & economic drivers of the Christchurch Rebuild (2) Indigenous (Maori) business initiatives and sustainable resource economic models (3)New Zealand’s world-leading adventure tourism economy (4)Geothermal Energy and Economics 3. Optional Internship course: Students may enroll in a semester-long industry or government agency internship with a focus on a topic related to sustainable business. Within New Zealand, the University of Canterbury is uniquely positioned to be able to provide students access to a range of businesses in a variety of industries such as Adventure Tourism, IT and High-Tech Start-Ups, Ngai Tahu Holdings, the Health Sector and programs developed as part of the Christchurch Rebuild such as Sensing Cities.
- Setting Description:
- During the two-week field practicum, students will explore both the North and South Island of New Zealand - Traveling from the Bay of Plenty, to Rotorua to Queenstown to Kaikoura. They will see all of what makes New Zealand/Aotearoa the greatest place on earth (middle). During the semester, students enjoy the tranquil setting of the University of Canterbury located in Christchurch - a rebuilding city leading the way in green design and innovation.
- Tuition 2015: $18,700 USD ***Subject to change Tuition includes all 2-week field practicum costs Semester tuition Travel and health insurance Academic advising Lafayette College Transcript Pre-Departure Services Application and Visa Support Services Housing Support Course Selection
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program