- Paris, France; Versailles, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Forum-Nexus courses in travel photography and filmmaking provide students with the opportunity to independently explore each city and country through their camera lens. Students will study photography and filmmaking techniques as part of the curriculum, and create their own portfolios of work consisting of photos and videos from their experience abroad. They will also learn about the work of famous photographers and filmmakers, especially those relevant to Paris, Rome, and Amsterdam. Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting companies, international organizations, and cultural institutions. Courses are open to all majors.Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 9 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their skill sets and their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 9 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your worldview
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 29 and spend 4 days there
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris
• From Paris, we travel to Barcelona by train
• From Barcelona we travel by private coach to Chamonix and spend 4 days there
• From Chamonix, we visit Geneva and then we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for up to 9 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years. • The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. • Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation. • International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100. • All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- The Forum-Nexus Scholarship Program offers 36 partial scholarships for students from all over the world to help finance their participation in Forum Europe Summer 2019.
Based on 2 Reviews
- Life Changing Experience09/14/13
Forum Nexus is an unforgettable experience . It gave me the chance to visit several European countries and learn about their cultures. From the academic point of view: Classes were very useful. In the marketing class, I learned the different tools European
countries use to market their products, and how these tools change from one country to the other, which helped me in my career since i am a marketing major. The professors were also very friends and were always available for help in and outside class. From the social point: I met various students from different nationalities and backgrounds and made life time friends, which led me to start seeing life from a different perspective and enjoy every moment. Hence, forum nexus is an amazing learning and fun experience that I definitely recommend to other students.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- The Most Spectacular Multi-Country Experience12/03/12
I learned that people, while all very far from each other, are more the less the same. It was exciting to meet international studies who were very similar to myself and we all found something to connect about. In each country we visisted, we were taught
basic words to get us around. We were also taught how to read, write, and understand Greek in one week! All of the professors travel with you to each country, in which they have traveled before, and they share cultural norms and pivotal information that is important to understand about the country.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend