- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Rodos, Greece; London, United Kingdom; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Versailles, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Forum-Nexus offers a unique independent-study opportunity for engineering and applied science majors. Students will have the opportunity to study innovative high-tech ventures in each of the countries visited throughout the Forum-Nexus program. Students will also have the opportunity to visit multinational companies and international organizations and understand their perspectives on research and development and innovation.
Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and participating in professional visits. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Visit world-class museums, cathedrals, and architectural landmarks
• Expand your world view
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine!
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills and create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 3 Reviews
- It is Thrilling to Travel with Forum-Nexus05/04/13
This was a great experience with lots of people from all over the world. I met a lot of new friends, enjoyed the cities, trips, professional visits, and classes and I had a great time with both classmates and professors. Traveling around so many cities
can be tiring, but it's always fun and a thrilling experience. I had already been to most of the places we visited, but it was much better to travel with so many people and from so many different countries. We all had a blast and after the program I got a great offer to continue with Forum-Nexus as an intern, helping them expand this great experience to other students, to promote cultural diversity.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Forum Nexus: Great Program, Great People, Awesome Experience02/23/12
Our professors really made this program happen, and it is because of them that I gained a great deal of academic and social understanding of the local environments. Students from around the world come together in one place and present their views and
experiences likely different than your own. It is an eye-opening experience with lots of insight to the global marketplaceread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Awesome multi-country experience that will not disappoint!02/20/12
I would not change a thing if I could do it over again. It was the perfect experience to garner exposure to many different cultures, increase international IQ, form friendships with amazing people from different backgrounds, and have a ton of fun. The
program was amazing. It taught me cultural intelligence and fully exposed me to countries and environments that I had no knowledge of before. The faculty were well organized and direct in the daily agenda. There was enough structure to provide consistent education and guidance, but we were also given freedom to make the experience our own and explore new places on our own in groups. It was the perfect mix of freedom and structure so that we were constantly exposed to new experiences.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend