- Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany; Pompei, Italy; Cadaques, Spain; Girona, Spain; London, United Kingdom; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Annecy, France; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Discover European art and architecture with a special focus on the works that you will be able to visit in Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Milan, Florence, and Venice. Students will study the masterpieces of Da Vinci, Picasso, Miró, Monet, Van Gogh, Renoiur, Dalí and more, visiting museums and architectural sites, analyzing each piece and providing a personal critique.
Courses are open to all majors, and students can earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university. Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting multinational corporations, international organizations, and cultural institutions.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Visit world-class museums, cathedrals, and architectural landmarks
• Expand your worldview
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine!
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills and create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years.
• The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation.
• International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100.
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Forum-Nexus is simply a great choice!07/26/13
Getting the opportunity to be part of Forum-Nexus in the Summer of 2013 was quite simply one of the best things to happen to me in recent times! Studying abroad had long been a thing on my list of things to do and this is certainly the way to do it. As
a grad student with no background in business in marketing, the courses themselves did definitely teach me a lot and combined with the great relationships formed with the students and professors created an incredibly useful program overall. Adding to that the fact that this took place as we traveled across 7 cities in Europe, the experience is one that I will certainly cherish for a lifetime along with the unforgettable memories and friendships forged in such a short period of time.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Incredible and Memorable07/24/13
This program was such an incredible experience! The Forum-Nexus staff went out of their way to make sure everyone had an amazing experience. They were always available for help and all of them were very knowledgeable about each city we visited. The classes
were all very informative but left enough time in the day for free time and sight seeing. The hotels were always in close proximity to subways and restaurants. This experience was the most memorable experience I have had in college and I would love to go back and intern next year.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Nothing Like It03/04/12What I gained from studying aborad with Forum-Nexus was cultural exposure, friends and great memeories. The program administration was well planned, the food in each city was great, and I felt safe at all times.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend