- Athens, Greece; Capri, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Rodos, Greece; Geneva, Switzerland; Prague, Czech Republic; Paris, France; Versailles, France; Rome, Italy; Como, Italy; Milan, Italy; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France; Berlin, Germany; Lugano, Switzerland; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Forum-Nexus has a track record of 28 years as a leader in multi-country summer programs in Europe for students majoring in Marketing, Management, Sociology, Anthropology, International Business, Cultural Studies, Women Studies, European Studies, Political Science, and more.
What makes Forum-Nexus unique?
• It's a multi-country program, you learn while traveling through Europe, visiting 9 of the most exciting cities
• You share your European experience with top students from all over the world making life-long friendships
• You travel with world-class professors who are always on-site to assist you in achieving the best educational experience
• You visit leading European companies and prominent international organizations and get to interact and network with their executives
• You greatly improve your level of International IQ which helps you become more qualified in the job market
Ideal for business, communication, or fashion merchandising majors, Forum-Nexus courses in the culture of luxury goods and the fashion industry in Europe allow students to explore these topics while becoming immersed in each culture first-hand. Students will study the evolution of the luxury and fashion industries in Europe and cultural and social factors that contribute to each industry. Students will also have the opportunity to visit various global organizations in each of the countries visited throughout the program.
Students from the U.S. and 15 other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes and visiting companies, international organizations, and cultural institutions. Courses are open to all majors. Through Forum-Nexus, students have the opportunity to earn up to 8 credits issued by a US-accredited university and improve their marketability for jobs by greatly increasing their International IQ.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 8 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your worldview
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
- Setting Description:
- • Students arrive to Amsterdam on June 30 and spend 4 days there.
• From Amsterdam, the students and professors travel by high-speed train to Paris.
• From Paris, we travel to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city.
• After Geneva, the group arrives to Chamonix and spend 4 days there.
• From Chamonix, we depart for the Lake District at the border of Switzerland and Italy Lugano.
• From Lugano, we cross the border into beautiful Italy. Our first stop is the city of Como.
• After sightseeing and dinner in Como, we arrive to Italy's proud capital of business, finance, and fashion: Milan.
• From Milan, we continue by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome!
• From Rome, the group will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands.
• During weekends, there will be optional FN day trips to several different cities.
• Students can also go on independent weekend excursions to various places.
• Tuition for 5 or 8 credits
• Accommodation in 4- and 5-star hotels
• Buffet breakfast in all hotels
• Professional visits
• All transportation within Europe between Amsterdam and Rome, by private coach or high-speed train
• Health insurance
• Welcome reception
• Farewell dinner
Additional Program Information
- • Eligible applicants must be degree-seeking students enrolled in a college or university program, at the undergraduate or graduate level. You may also apply if you are a recent college or university graduate who graduated in the last four years. • The required minimum GPA is 2.50. Students applying with a GPA below 2.50 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. • Applicants with a GPA under 2.50 must submit a letter of recommendation and a statement of explanation. • International students from universities that do not use a GPA system must have a minimum grade average of 75 out of 100. • All applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Our Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship.
Based on 3 Reviews
- Forum Nexus Study Abroad was the experience of a lifetime!07/17/13
I honestly cannot think of any other way I would rather study abroad. Forum Nexus was the perfect mix of education and fun. I had the most action-packed month of my life with Forum Nexus and metthe most amazing people throughout this journey. The staff
is unbeatable... Hugo really makes sure everyone is having the time of their lives. In class, I learned A LOT and we did have a few assignments, but never an overwhelming amount to keep you from exploring each and every city that we got to visit. All in all, I would go back and study abroad through Forum Nexus every summer if I could! It was a decision that I definitely do not regret!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- An Amazing European Adventure!07/13/13
I learned more about the world we live in and various cultures through Forum-Nexus. The program offered us the ability to socially integrate through on campus classes in most cities, professional visits and cultural education. The administrative staff
were helpful both before and during the program. The program director, Hugo, is so knowledgeable about the world and is a complete joy to be around.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- 7 Cities in 4 Weeks: An Experience of a Lifetime!10/25/12
I gained so much from studying abroad with Forum-Nexus, it's hard to put it into words. I gained cultural intelligence and experience, I gained lifelong friends and colleagues, and I gained personal enrichment in leadership, communication skills, and
problem-solving. It was extremely worthwhile and I would recommend it to anyone!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend