• Wide ranging educational competence: F+U is the provider of a University of Applied Sciences for Business, Technology and Culture, an International University of Cooperative Education, secondary schools (Gymnasium and Realschule), a bilingual primary sc
- Heidelberg, Germany
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1 year
- Program Description:
- The Academy of Languages, the centrepiece of the F+U group, is one of the largest language schools and test centres for foreign languages in Germany. Yearly, more than 10,000 students from over 100 countries participate in the language courses and examinations, attracted by the high quality of the language classes, the central location of the school and an extraordinary range in course options. Although F+U’s specialist area is German as a Foreign Language, lots of other languages are taught, e.g. French, English, Chinese and Arabic. Thanks to its internationality, the school offers a unique opportunity to get to know people and their various languages and cultures, and to practice freshly acquired language skills.
• Wide ranging educational competence: F+U is the provider of a University of Applied Sciences for Business, Technology and Culture, an International University of Cooperative Education, secondary schools (Gymnasium and Realschule), a bilingual primary school and a number of colleges specialising in commercial and vocational foreign language training. • Test centre for TOEFL®, TestDaF, TELC, TestAS, TOEIC®, LCCI, OnDaF, ECDL as well as for other xaminations and tests. • State recognised vocational college for foreign languages. • Memberships and partnerships: FaDaF (Fachschaft Deutsch als Fremdsprache); VDP (Federal Association of Private Schools in Germany); AOK (Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse); Eurohodip (European Hotel Diploma); DRV (German Travel Association); Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici; Olympiastützpunkt Rhein-Neckar e.V. (Olympic Training Centre); German Youth Hostel Association • Year-round guaranteed provision for all language courses. • Lessons on Tour Programme: Identical language programme in four study locations: Berlin, Chemnitz, Darmstadt and Heidelberg. • Large selection of rooms in our own student halls of residence, apartments, with host families and in F+U’s own “Bayrischer Hof” hotel. • International atmosphere (learners from over 100 countries in 2014). • Central location in one of Germany’s most beautiful cities. • Value for money.
In the afternoon, in the evening and at weekends, F+U students can join a colourful program of leisure activities. The range of activities varies from walking tours in Heidelbergs Old Town, to the famous historic castle or to the top of the scenic “Philosophenweg” to fun activities like bowling, barbecues during summer or sport by the river. The excursions at weekends include Frankfurt, the Black Forest, the German Wine Route and much more. As an international test centre, F+U offers a very large variety of international exams: TOEFL®, TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache), TOEIC®, LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry), TestAs (aptitude assessment for international applicants for higher education), TELC (The European Language Certificate, among others Zertifikat Deutsch and Zertifikat Deutsch für den Beruf), ECDL (the European Computer Driving Licence), WiDaF (Test Deutsch in der Wirtschaft) and onDaF (online German language assessment). In 2004 the Academy inaugurated the Vocational College for Foreign Languages, which offers the opportunity to study full time towards state recognised qualifications such as Foreign Language Correspondent Clerk (Fremdsprachensekretär/in), European Secretary (Europasekretär/in), Multilingual Correspondence Clerk (Welthandelskorrespondent/in) and Translator. The languages of choice are English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Russian. The F+U Academy of Languages fulfils all requirements to make your staying in Heidelberg a unique experience!
- Setting Description:
- The F+U language school is situated in the middle of the university city’s historic centre, and just a few metres from the Neckar. The school building offers fantastic views of the Old Town, the castle and into the Neckar valley. F+U offers 70 multimedia-equipped classrooms (up to 85 in summer), 3 Internet rooms with 50 PC, free Internet access and Wi-Fi in the whole school. Barrier-free access and a disabled toilette are also available. In addition, students can book accommodation in one of the F+U residences and apartments in different categories (more than 400 rooms, Wi-Fi included), or in host families, some of which live in the direct neighbourhood of the school.
- Depending on the duration of the course
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program