- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
European University at St. Petersburg (EUSP) invites bachelor and master degree students, researchers, journalists, and everyone interested in Russian Studies to learn more about history, culture and the modern lifestyle in Russia at our four-week summer school.
June 03 - June 29, 2019
Four EUSP professors will deliver courses tailored for a better understanding of Russia through lectures specifically focusing on St. Petersburg. However, the topics explored in each course will provide keys to comprehend Russia’s history, cultural diversity, and relations of state and society. The highlights of each course will be study trips to museums, historic sites, and theatres. Excursions will also include riding the St. Petersburg metro (subway) to see its impressive architecture under the ground, tasting what Petersburgians prefer to eat at various ‘ethnic cuisines’, and watching ballet – to which Russia also owes its fame.
We scheduled the school for the best months to enjoy St. Petersburg, one of the world’s top travel destinations, in the ‘White Nights’ period when the sun sets only for a brief period of twilight, while the city never sleeps. It is also the best time to watch the spectacular opening of main St. Petersburg bridges at night and to fancy its rivers and canals.
All our courses will be taught in English. They are designed to be interactive, insightful and informative. Learning activities and study trips will ensure new skills, knowledge, unforgettable experience, and four weeks of fun for all school participants.
EUSP Summer School means:
- 4 courses in Russian History, Culture, and Arts by EUSP faculty
- 10 ECTS academic credits to take home
- 2 starting dates to choose
- 24/7 assistance in English
- Campus in the downtown St. Petersburg
- Walking tours, museums, theatres, boat trips
- 4 weeks of unforgettable positive experience
- Trips to Veliky Novgorod, Lake Ladoga, Peterhof and Tsar’s Village
The Window to Europe: History in St. Petersburg (by prof. Sergei Podbolotov)
Temples, Markets, Diasporas: Diversity in St. Petersburg (by prof. Gevorg Avetikyan)
Empire. State. Building: Architecture of St. Petersburg (by prof. Vadim Bass)
St. Petersburg: Imagining a City, Building a City (by prof. Olga Bychkova)
Visits to Mariinsky Theatre, Philharmonic Hall, the Hermitage, Russian State Museum, walking tours around St. Petersburg, trips to Peterhof, Tsar's Village, Lake Ladoga, and a time-travel adventure by visiting the medieval town of Novgorod.
June School: 03 - 29 June 2019
July School: 01 - 27 July 2019
March 31, 2019 - for the June School
April 30, 2019 - for the July School
- Setting Description:
- EUSP is a private university for postgraduate study and research in the social sciences and humanities. It combines academic success with the reputation of a most dynamic and modern university in Russia.
- 1500 USD. 4-week school (academic courses & cultural activities)
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program