- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
2nd ELGS Migration Summer School (MIGGS) on Precarious Labour,Human Trafficking & Social Exclusion in Europe
July 26- August 1, 2018: EPLO premises in Sounion, Attica-GR.
2nd Migration Summer School (MIGSS) on Precarious Labour, Human Trafficking, & Social Exclusion in Europe” has been carefully designed and developed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of issues regarding precarious labour, human trafficking, and social exclusion of immigrants and refugees and a theoretical and practical understanding of contemporary migration in Europe, with a particular focus on the current situation in Europe. This will be achieved through lectures and discussions led by international professors and experts, as well as through a day of site-visits to facilities and organizations in Athens that support refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants.
As this program is interdisciplinary in nature, it is open to all disciplines (such as Sociology, Social Policy, International Relations, Human Rights, Economics et al.) and applicants are welcome from the postgraduate level and up, PhD candidates, researchers, NGOs professionals. Doctoral students and researchers will have the opportunity to present their PhD/research at the PhD Seminar, pending a minimum of five students are enrolled in the seminar.
Credits are available upon request.
- Bridget Anderson, Professor of Migration, Mobilities and Citizenship, University of Bristol, United Kingdom.
- Giovanna Campani, Professore ordinario, Dipartimento di Scienze Formazione e Psicologia, Pedagogia generale e sociale, Università degli Studi di Firenze (UniFI).(TBC)
- Gabriella Sanchez, PhD, Research Fellow, Migration Policy Centre European University Institute (EUI), Italy.
- Iraklis Moskoff, PhD, Greek National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Human Beings, Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Daniel Esdras Special Envoy of the DG of the IOM, Advisor to the Regional Director for the Mediterranean.
- Theodoros Fouskas, Sociologist, PhD, Laboratory Associate (2016-2018), Department of Social Work, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece.
- Lefteris Papagiannakis, Dep. Mayor for Immigrants, Refugees and Municipal Decentralization Municipality of Athens, Greece.
- Setting Description:
- The program takes place at EPLO facilities in Sounion one hour away from Athens by car, overlook the Aegean Sea and are located by the bay of Cape Sounion, where the ancient Temple of Poseidon rests.
- 500 EUR. Covers tuition, light working lunch on a daily basis, and transportation on the day of the site visits
Additional Program Information
- Open for Practitioners and Students of all disciplines (i.e. Sociology, Social Policy, International Relations, Human Rights, Economics et al.). Esp. for PhDs: Get feedback on your work. Applicants should submit an updated CV and letter of motivation
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program