- Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
You love art, design and culture. You want to connect with people that move creative ideas forward right now. Experience Venice and the Venice Biennale together with like-minded students from all over the world.
Full program is three weeks: Contemporary art | Venice Biennale | Design: the world around us.
You can do it all or join just for one or two weeks anytime from March till November.
Morning classes take place in historic palazzos located in the center of Venice. You spend afternoons visiting world-renown museums, studios and Venice Biennale premises. Each program includes workshops with curators, artists or designers.
The course focuses on different perspectives and critical issues that confront art professionals today. Experienced cultural entrepreneurs share insights on creating a successful project in the context of the Venice Biennale and talk openly and honestly about challenges in the art sector. You will get access to international network, visit incredible museums such as Fondazione Prada and Peggy Guggenheim Collection and come to a better understanding of how to navigate one of the most prestigious art hubs in the world.
Classes include: Contemporary Curatorial practices | Exhibition creation and development | Art market. Future of the art works after the exhibition | Cultural Institutions today | Venice Biennale: selection procedures, organizational chart and history | Cultural entrepreneurship |
You will have just enough time outside the classroom: immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities or relax at famous Lido beach. For anybody who wishes to explore Italy, Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
The courses are open for anyone with an interest in Art and Culture. Your peers come from all backgrounds and are international, curious and inquisitive minds that are looking to expand their knowledge. Many of them will be responsible for managing and advancing best projects in art, design and architecture.
- Setting Description:
- Venice is one of the most exciting cities in the world that has incredible art and architecture history, various museums and cultural organizations as well as beaches, restaurants and endless entertainment options.
- 950 EUR. The fee covers the classes, course materials, visa support, access to archives and library, all passes to cultural institutions, welcome lunch and a boat ride around Venice. If wished for, we can organise a nice single/double accommodation for EUR 500 per 7 nights or recommend suitable options.
Additional Program Information
- We would love to know more about you! Apply via website and schedule a short 15-min talk with us.
- Scholarships Description:
- A small number of scholarships is available. Please, contact us for additional details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program