Volunteers with this project will have the unforgettable experience of living in this beautiful agricultural region and experiencing the laid-back hospitality of the Mekong Delta. The town is connected to other villages in the region through a series of c
- Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 6-12 years old
- Program Description:
- ELI works with a community organization based in the town of Can Tho, about 200 km from Ho Chi Minh City, focused on providing day care and early childhood education for the children of agricultural workers who do not have the same educational advantages as children in the city. Volunteers assist by teaching English, spending time with children, and leading activities. The children will benefit from the skills the volunteers teach as well as gain self-confidence through the cultural exchange.
Volunteers with this project will have the unforgettable experience of living in this beautiful agricultural region and experiencing the laid-back hospitality of the Mekong Delta. The town is connected to other villages in the region through a series of canals and rivers. These canals provide unique opportunities for boat trips and to experience some of the floating markets for which the region is so well known.
- Setting Description:
- Vietnam is a vibrant, alluring country with a history stretching back over 4000 years. In the last 30 years, the country has had to recover from the ravages of war and the challenges of a planned economy. The economy is growing, but not for everyone. Vietnam has captured the imagination of travelers wanting to see misty rice paddies, dramatic karsts, and the sensory overload of the cities. Ornate Buddhist temples, sparkling silk shops, and a cuisine flavored with exotic spices constantly remind visitors of the country's rich civilization and heritage. The streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are rivers of motorbikes carrying everything imaginable from families of five to kegs of beer and kitchen sinks. overview-2Outside the cities, visitors can explore Vietnam's natural wonders including Ha Long Bay, beautiful beaches, dense rainforests where new species are being discovered every year, and remote forest covered mountains. The people of Vietnam are proud survivors of colonization and
- Cost varies. Please contact ELI Abroad for detail.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program