ELI works with several children's homes in Ho Chi Minh City that provide shelter and education to over 1000 children who have been orphaned, abandoned, or living on the streets. The children attend the regular neighborhood schools, but they need extra Eng
- Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old
- Program Description:
- Vietnam, one of the more recent additions to the "must see" list of places to visit, has a wealth of experiences for the traveler. From the bustling cities to the remote mountains and the beautiful beaches, this is a country that will amaze you at every turn.
ELI works with several children's homes in Ho Chi Minh City that provide shelter and education to over 1000 children who have been orphaned, abandoned, or living on the streets. The children attend the regular neighborhood schools, but they need extra English classes and tutoring in order to catch up with the other students in their classes. Volunteers at the orphanages will also have the opportunity to lead other activities and assist the orphanage staff with various tasks.
- Setting Description:
- Vietnam is a vibrant, alluring country with a history stretching back over 4000 years. In the last 30 years, the country has had to recover from the ravages of war and the challenges of a planned economy. The economy is growing, but not for everyone. Vietnam has captured the imagination of travelers wanting to see misty rice paddies, dramatic karsts, and the sensory overload of the cities. Ornate Buddhist temples, sparkling silk shops, and a cuisine flavored with exotic spices constantly remind visitors of the country's rich civilization and heritage. The streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are rivers of motorbikes carrying everything imaginable from families of five to kegs of beer and kitchen sinks. overview-2Outside the cities, visitors can explore Vietnam's natural wonders including Ha Long Bay, beautiful beaches, dense rainforests where new species are being discovered every year, and remote forest covered mountains. The people of Vietnam are proud survivors of colonization and
- Cost varies. Please contact ELI Abroad for details.