ELI interns work with some of the top advertising firms in Cape Town. Interns assist with print, radio, commercials, marketing research, product promotion, product launches and special events. There are also marketing and logistics positions available wit
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Journalism
- Program Description:
- These positions are open to serious, upper-level students and recent graduates who have some relevant education and/or experience in advertising, marketing, or graphic design. We are very proud to offer internships and volunteer projects with some of the best companies and NGOs in the Cape. These positions are intended for mature and responsible participants who can keep to a schedule and commit themselves to the position. Further, our group housing is fairly independent: ELIers purchase their own groceries, commute to and from their work sites without supervision, and pay rent monthly. These internships require a minimum two month commitment.
Application Process Involves: *Essay *Online Application *Other *Phone/Video Interview *Resume *Written Application
ELI interns work with some of the top advertising firms in Cape Town. Interns assist with print, radio, commercials, marketing research, product promotion, product launches and special events. There are also marketing and logistics positions available with NGOs and promotional positions with sports related companies. These tend to be fast paced internships and are a good fit for driven young professionals who want to get some solid experience in the field.
This fee is a one time fee that remains the same no matter how long participants stay with the program. Housing is not included in the program fee. Participants share houses and apartments in safe neighborhoods all over the city. Rent is due monthly: USD250 to USD350 per month depending on where the participant stays. Rent is paid in South Africa. No meals are included with the accommodations, but each apartment or house has a full kitchen for participants to use. Post Services Benefits Include: *Alumni Network *Exit Debriefing Abroad *Job and Internship Network *Re-Entry Debriefing at Home
- Setting Description:
- Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. It is home to over 44.6 million people from at least 20 distinct ethnic groups, and the country has 11 official languages. ELI’s program is based in beautiful Cape Town, located on a small peninsula that juts from the southern tip of South Africa into the Atlantic Ocean. Influenced by the Dutch, British and Malay, Cape Town is home to well-preserved historical buildings, busy streets, world class shopping and restaurants. No visit to Cape Town is complete without a hike up Table Mountain, a drive down the winding coastline to some of the area’s famous wineries, a visit to Boulder's Beach to see the African Penguins, or a hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Point. South Africa’s new constitution was approved in 1996, outlawing discrimination in all forms. There is a new and thriving black m
- Cost varies. Please contact ELI ABROAD for details!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program