Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. Participants share accommodations in nice neighborhoods
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Arts & Architecture, Business, Engineering, Fashion, Hospitality, Nursing, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Cape Town is an urban center, and the central business district buzzes with life at the foot of Table Mountain. If you don't see your area of interest listed below, feel free to inquire - Cape Town offers a wide variety of internship opportunities in and around the city!
Animal Programs - Specific placements are available working with monkeys, ostriches, penguins, birds, cheetahs, great white sharks, reptiles or on a horse farm.
Non-Profit Management and Development - There are literally thousands of NGO's in and around Cape Town that are working to provide services. Positions are available with literacy campaigns, HIV/AIDS clinics, orphanages, and public health education programs.
Engineering Internships - Here are some of the possibilities: Solar engineering, civil or steel construction engineering, yacht building, mechanical engineering, water and wastewater engineering, Administration, HR, Software Development/IT, Finance/cost accounting in an Engineering firm.
Marketing, Media, and Graphic Design - Positions with some of the top advertising firms in Cape Town are open to serious, upper-level students and entry level applicants with graphic design ability. Interns assist with print, radio, commercials, and events.
Tourism, Leisure, and Sports Management - An internship with an adventure tour company, sports and cultural events organization, or safari company is a great way to gain real world experience and meet visitors from all over the world.
Fashion - Rare opportunities are available with successful local clothing designers assisting with the design, manufacture and retail approach to their lines.
For specialized internships, some previous experience or related education is helpful. The time commitment is 2 months. Interns must be 18 and fluent in English. These positions are open to serious, students and recent graduates. We are very proud to offer internships and volunteer projects with some of the best companies and NGOs in the Cape. These positions are intended for mature and responsible participants who can keep to a schedule and commit themselves to the position. Further, our group housing is fairly independent: ELIers purchase their own groceries, commute to and from their work sites without supervision, and pay rent monthly.
Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. Participants share accommodations in nice neighborhoods in the city centre.
This fee is a one time fee that remains the same no matter how long participants stay with the program. Housing is not included in the program fee. Participants share houses and apartments in safe neighborhoods all over the city. Rent is due monthly: USD250 to USD350 per month depending on where the participant stays. Rent is paid in South Africa. No meals are included with the accommodations, but each apartment or house has a full kitchen for participants to use.
- Setting Description:
- Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. It is home to over 44.6 million people from at least 20 distinct ethnic groups, and the country has 11 official languages. ELI’s program is based in beautiful Cape Town, located on a small peninsula that juts from the southern tip of South Africa into the Atlantic Ocean. Influenced by the Dutch, British and Malay, Cape Town is home to well-preserved historical buildings, busy streets, world class shopping and restaurants. No visit to Cape Town is complete without a hike up Table Mountain, a drive down the winding coastline to some of the area’s famous wineries, a visit to Boulder's Beach to see the African Penguins, or a hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Point. South Africa’s new constitution was approved in 1996, outlawing discrimination in all forms. There is a new and thriving black mi
- Program Fee is USD695, rent ranges from USD300-USD350 a month. Please contact ELI ABROAD for details!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program