Business is booming at the base of Table Mountain! Internships are available both in the private and public sectors. Here are some of the possibilities: Solar engineering, civil or steel construction engineering, yacht building, mechanical engineering, wa
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Program Description:
- Relevant education and/or experience in the field of engineering is required. Most companies prefer that interns to be at least a rising junior and the minimum time commitment is 2-3 months to ensure that they are properly integrated into the position. We are very proud to offer internships and volunteer projects with some of the best companies and NGOs in the Cape. These positions are intended for mature and responsible participants who can keep to a schedule and commit themselves to the position. Further, our group housing is fairly independent: ELIers purchase their own groceries, commute to and from their work sites without supervision, and pay rent monthly.
Business is booming at the base of Table Mountain! Internships are available both in the private and public sectors. Here are some of the possibilities: Solar engineering, civil or steel construction engineering, yacht building, mechanical engineering, water and waste water engineering, Administration, HR, IT, Finance/cost accounting in an Engineering firm. Interns typically work 7 hours a day, Monday through Friday.
Program Fees Include: * Airport Pickup * Orientation * Welcome Pack * In-Country Travel Assistance * 24/7 In-Country Support
- Setting Description:
- Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. It is home to over 44.6 million people from at least 20 distinct ethnic groups, and the country has 11 official languages. ELI’s program is based in beautiful Cape Town, located on a small peninsula that juts from the southern tip of South Africa into the Atlantic Ocean. Influenced by the Dutch, British and Malay, Cape Town is home to well-preserved historical buildings, busy streets, world class shopping and restaurants. No visit to Cape Town is complete without a hike up Table Mountain, a drive down the winding coastline to some of the area’s famous wineries, a visit to Boulder's Beach to see the African Penguins, or a hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Point.
- Cost in US$: Program Fee is USD695, rent ranges from about USD350 a month. Please contact ELI ABROAD for details!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program