* Work and live in the a beautiful Spanish colonial town of Granada, right off of Lake Nicaragua * Live with a local host family * Learn Spanish (optional) * Explore the local region by enjoying hikes, cultural programming, and visits to nature reserves (
- Granada, Nicaragua
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Rolling Starts, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Volunteer Abroad in Nicaragua! Located in the heart of Granada, the youth center provides meals and a wide variety of educational and vocational program for the needy youth of the region. Volunteers can get involved in a variety of tasks including:
* English instruction
* Meal preparation
Each placement depends on when you decide to go, your particular area of interest, your qualifications, what particular organization has openings for interns.
All programs require a 2-week minimum time commitment and can last up to 6 months.
* Work and live in the a beautiful Spanish colonial town of Granada, right off of Lake Nicaragua * Live with a local host family * Learn Spanish (optional) * Explore the local region by enjoying hikes, cultural programming, and visits to nature reserves (optional)
- Setting Description:
- Granada, the oldest European city in the Americas, is a charming colonial city on the shore of Lake Nicaragua. The city is undergoing massive restoration and revitalization as the Nicaraguan economy expands and the tourist industry starts to take off. ELI works with community organizations in and around Granada to create volunteer and Spanish language immersion programs for travelers looking to dive beneath the surface and gain insight into the daily lives of Nicaraguans.
- Cost in US$ Varies by duration. Contact us for details. Cost Includes In-country staff support In-country orientation/Training Housing Food Written materials pre-departure Registration fees
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program